Tackle apraxia and aphasia head-on with a powerful speech therapy app that uses video to help people speak again. Stroke survivor, family member, or speech therapist? Get an app that can help you overcome the frustration and helplessness.
- Trust an evidence-based speech therapy app designed by experts
- Get a versatile tool that gives you unlimited hours of use
- Motivate practice and help build confidence and independence
- Get an app that’s perfect for both home and clinical settings
- Interact with professionally produced VAST* video
- Use e-mailed reports and customizability to seamlessly fit the app into your therapy program
- All with no subscriptions, so you have access for as long as you need it
* What is VAST? Video-Assisted Speech Therapy: innovative video technology that uses mouth movements, sounds, and other cues to help people speak in unison.
** SEE IT IN ACTION – download Apraxia Therapy Lite for FREE today! **
"Apraxia Therapy brings the VAST program to clinicians and home users in an app that’s easy to use, customize, and record progress." - Suzanne Redmond, MA, CCC-SLP, Stroke Comeback Center
GET RESULTS YOU CAN HEAR. HERE’S HOW IT WORKS.
1) Enter a responsive experience with high-quality videos produced by SpeakinMotion.
2) Watch the video model’s mouth movements.
3) Listen, tap along in rhythm, and speak in unison.
4) Repeat as the audio fades out, using the video to keep speech going strong.
5) Speak alone with only visual support.
6) Work through 3 different speeds and varying difficulty levels so your experience is at the right pace.
7) With practice and the app’s gentle guidance, you can begin to speak fluently.
THE BEST PART? Your speech is recorded automatically and played for self-assessment – and you can quickly and simply save these recordings through e-mail to share with your therapist or family.
It takes practice to change the brain – and that’s how we can help.
GET EVERY FEATURE YOU NEED IN ONE APP.
- 110 conversational phrases, 60 long words, and 5 automatic sequences in one package
- Videos that include functional everyday greetings, expressions, and more
- The ability for users to hear their own fluent speech
- Great for mild, moderate, or severe aphasia, apraxia, or autism
- Use the same tools at home as are used in therapy
- Adjustable difficulty, speed, and many more options for a personalized experience
- Designed with adults in mind but easy enough for children to use, with a little help
- No subscriptions, no monthly bills, no Wi-Fi needed
YOU CAN DO THIS. Imagine a stroke survivor with limited speech recording “I love you” and sending it to the people who matter most in their lives. There’s hope.
** Get started right now – or try it for FREE with Apraxia Therapy Lite. **
Looking for something different in a speech therapy app? We offer a wide range to choose from. Get the right one for you at http://tactustherapy.com/apps
- fix some bugs that users who had updated to iOS 12 were experiencing
Ratings and Reviews
Fabulous Well-Developed App for Apraxia!
It is great to finally get my hands on a great, well-developed app for apraxia! I am using with a non-verbal adult who has begun to make amazing progress since starting with the app. The app has him motivated to "try" again!
Love the concept! Have you considered using more mature male and female voices to match the stroke demographic?
Developer Response ,
Thanks for using it! The model/voice is an adult woman, but the sing-song quality is intentional, based on research for using rhythm and melody to help with speech production in stroke survivors. People generally have a preference for looking at younger mouths/faces as models. We do consider all of these things carefully when making the apps. If you have other feedback, please email us anytime. We love hearing from our users!
A great combination of Melodic Intonation Therapy with the VAST approach! User friendly design with functional phrases! Another awesome app from the Tactus Team!
- Tactus Therapy Solutions Ltd
- 371.8 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015-2018 Tactus Therapy Solutions Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.