Tackle apraxia and aphasia head-on with a powerful speech therapy app that uses video to help people speak again. Stroke survivor, family member, or speech therapist? Get an app that can help you overcome the frustration and helplessness.
- Trust an evidence-based speech therapy app designed by experts
- Get a versatile tool that gives you unlimited hours of use
- Motivate practice and help build confidence and independence
- Get an app that’s perfect for both home and clinical settings
- Interact with professionally produced VAST* video
- Use e-mailed reports and customizability to seamlessly fit the app into your therapy program
- All with no subscriptions, so you have access for as long as you need it
* What is VAST? Video-Assisted Speech Therapy: innovative video technology that uses mouth movements, sounds, and other cues to help people speak in unison.
** SEE IT IN ACTION – download Apraxia Therapy Lite for FREE today! **
"Apraxia Therapy brings the VAST program to clinicians and home users in an app that’s easy to use, customize, and record progress." - Suzanne Redmond, MA, CCC-SLP, Stroke Comeback Center
GET RESULTS YOU CAN HEAR. HERE’S HOW IT WORKS.
1) Enter a responsive experience with high-quality videos produced by SpeakinMotion.
2) Watch the video model’s mouth movements.
3) Listen, tap along in rhythm, and speak in unison.
4) Repeat as the audio fades out, using the video to keep speech going strong.
5) Speak alone with only visual support.
6) Work through 3 different speeds and varying difficulty levels so your experience is at the right pace.
7) With practice and the app’s gentle guidance, you can begin to speak fluently.
THE BEST PART? Your speech is recorded automatically and played for self-assessment – and you can quickly and simply save these recordings through e-mail to share with your therapist or family.
It takes practice to change the brain – and that’s how we can help.
GET EVERY FEATURE YOU NEED IN ONE APP.
- 110 conversational phrases, 60 long words, and 5 automatic sequences in one package
- Videos that include functional everyday greetings, expressions, and more
- The ability for users to hear their own fluent speech
- Great for mild, moderate, or severe aphasia, apraxia, or autism
- Use the same tools at home as are used in therapy
- Adjustable difficulty, speed, and many more options for a personalized experience
- Designed with adults in mind but easy enough for children to use, with a little help
- No subscriptions, no monthly bills, no Wi-Fi needed
YOU CAN DO THIS. Imagine a stroke survivor with limited speech recording “I love you” and sending it to the people who matter most in their lives. There’s hope.
** Get started right now – or try it for FREE with Apraxia Therapy Lite. **
Looking for something different in a speech therapy app? We offer a wide range to choose from. Get the right one for you at http://tactustherapy.com/apps
- minor fixes to improve your experience using the app
Ratings and Reviews
Fabulous Well-Developed App for Apraxia!
It is great to finally get my hands on a great, well-developed app for apraxia! I am using with a non-verbal adult who has begun to make amazing progress since starting with the app. The app has him motivated to "try" again!
Please consider a version allowing for more customization. I’d LOVE to be able to record my own audio and video clips. Especially in a time where I need to wear face covering with all my clients.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for reviewing the app! Customization would be a great additional feature. We're working on creating something that will help with this, but in the meantime, you may be able to record yourself using the CIips app with captions to practice script training or repeating phrases.
No exercise to practice sound each letter makes.
Person that this app intended for needs to vocalize simple one syllable/short & long vowel sounds, but this app forces person to parrot entire alphabet with zero exercises that would allow the person to vocalize the sound each letter makes.
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry you didn't find what you were looking for in our app. This app does not have individual sounds or short words to practice. The alphabet is presented as a familiar sequence to recite, not as sounds to practice. There are other apps available from other developers that do this. Our app is designed for people who have mastered individual sounds and need to work on longer words or phrases. However, if you turn off all but the Words step in the Sequences and select Alphabet, you can touch each letter individually to hear and see it pronounced. These tips may help as well: https://tactustherapy.com/using-apps-treat-severe-aphasia/
If you would like a refund, please request one from Apple or contact us for instructions. We do not want people spending money on the wrong apps. This is why we offer free Lite versions of our apps to try and are available to answer any question before or after purchase through email support. Wishing you and your loved one the best in their recovery.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tactus Therapy Solutions Ltd
- 374.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2021 Tactus Therapy Solutions Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.