Audiobook Builder makes it easy to turn your audio CDs and files into audiobooks for your iPhone, iPod or iPad. Join audio, create enhanced chapter stops, adjust quality settings, and let Audiobook Builder handle the rest. When it finishes you get one or a few audiobook tracks, automatically added to Books, Music, or iTunes, instead of hundreds or even thousands of music tracks!
• Audio File Joining: Already ripped your CDs to MP3 or M4A? When your files are in the same format and have a constant bit rate, Audiobook Builder can quickly join them together.
• Enhanced Chapter Stops: Group files into chapters with custom names and artwork.
• Adjustable Quality Settings: Use the built-in presets or customize the audio settings to your personal taste.
• Drag & drop straight from Music or iTunes and build directly to Books, Music, or iTunes.
New in Audiobook Builder 2
• 64-bit compatibility, built for macOS Mojave and well beyond
• Up to 3x faster building at Normal Quality
• Up to 2x faster importing from CD
• Blindingly faster adding files and opening projects.
• HE-AAC encoding, for higher quality and smaller audiobooks, alongside the regular AAC encoding we’ve always supported.
• Dark mode support.
• And more!
Learn more about Audiobook Builder
• Download & print Audiobook Builder's built-in help: http://www.splasm.com/audiobookbuilder
• Share with other Audiobook Builder users in our forums: http://www.splasm.com/forum
Send questions about Audiobook Builder to email@example.com. We're happy to help!
• Brings compatibility enhancements for macOS 10.15 Catalina's Music, and Books. Look in Audiobook Builder’s preferences for new settings to automatically add your audiobooks to Books or Music.
• Improves temporary file management
• Enhanced for better compatibility with a wider variety of homemade audio files
• Includes minor user interface fixes and adjustments
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I'm extremely happy with this program. I have a lot audiobooks on mp3 that are really hard to listen to with a standard audio player. My dream was to convert them to AudioBook format, save them in iTunes and then play them with the excellent player from Audible. Audible keeps your location and lets you rewind in 30 second increments right on the lock screen. Anyhow, the Audiobook Builder 2 lets me convert books with cover art and control over grouping and splitting with ease. I couldn't be happier and thanks to this software. Well done!
Awesome app but a few things are missing
The app needs the ability to import .cue files for chapter breaks, or markers from other audio editors. This would enable us to add chapters without re-encoding.
The app needs more flexibility on what metadata you can add or omit. More like Subler, it should allow you to pick and choose which fields you want to add. For example, even if you're just outputting a single file, it will automatically tag the file with "track 1/1" which will cause Itunes to rename the file as "01 <book title>" in the author folder of Itunes media. This can make it hard to sort by file name in your Itunes media files, and isn't necessary unless you're outputting a split file.
One of my go-to apps over the years
I've used AB for more than 5 years and it's allowed me to easily convert & listen to hundreds of audiobooks. So many good stories and novels!
This app won't win a design award, but it does something more important -- it "just works" and has never caused me any problems. And when I had questions about settings and usage scenarios, the developer responded within 24 hours with clear & helpful feedback. What more can you ask for in software?!
- Splasm Software, Inc.
- 16.4 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, German, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2006-2019 Splasm Software, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.