Send sample data directly from your iPhone to your volca sample!
AudioPocket enables you to program your volca sample memory with audio samples from the following:
• The app. Record on-the-spot with the app, where you can preview, trim and normalize your impromptu sample recording.
• Your computer. Using iTunes File Sharing, just drag and drop into “AudioPocket documents”
• Factory presets. Choose from a library sound-designed by KORG.
Compatible audio files:
“aif”, “aiff”, “wav”, “mp3”, “caf”, “aac”, “m4a”
What is volca sample?
The volca sample is a sample sequencer that lets you edit and sequence up to 100 sampled sounds in real-time for commanding live performances. It’s powerful on its own or as an addition to any existing volca setup. The volca sample lets you recapture the excitement of the first generation of samplers where any sound - vocals, spoken words, ambient sound, or glitches – can be used for your creations!
See more at:
● To use AudioPocket with the volca sample, the operating system for the volca sample must be "System Version 1.20 or later.
● You will need a stereo mini jack cable to connect your iPhone to your volca sample.
Follow us on:
● Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/korg.iapps
● Twitter : http://www.twitter.com/korg_iapps
- Files.app is supported. You can manage samples through the app.
- Better support for sample importing. Select the folder icon on the “iTunes File Sharing” page to import samples.
- This update only supports iOS version 11 or greater. Please upgrade to the latest OS version to continue receiving updates.
Ratings and Reviews
Desperately needs an update
Both the sample itself and this app desperately need updated. It’s just way too much work to get samples into the machine, and the idea that you can only do this using an app significantly limits the lifespan of the Volca Sample.
1. Allow files to be imported to the app using Dropbox, OneDrive, iCloud folders, etc. Korg has this ability already built in to the Gadget’s Bilbao and Abu Dhabi modules, so it shouldn’t be that hard to add.
2. Allow samples to be imported directly to the Volca Sample from a computer
3. Add the ability to edit the in and out point of recorded samples in the app
4. Update the Volca Sample firmware to allow direct recording into a memory slot without a computer or iOS device.
Developer Response ,
Could you try v1.2.0 or later? We supported Files.app integration so that you could import samples from local storage, iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive if you've activated
I have about fifteen pieces of Korg gear and all of their apps.
I have updated my Korg devices from my iOS devices.
I did it with the Monotribe and Monologue ( of course with the Monologue I had to do further updates from my Mac but for firmware-easy. Even on the Volca-firmware update easy as pie.
I deleted about ten samples to add some of my own. No dice- error message. Volume up volume down different cords- iPhone and different iPads—- get an error every time. So I thought at least I could just restore the factory settings. NOPE.
THIS APP IS CRAP. If my laptop gives me the same issues then the Volca sample will be sent back. This is an easy process!
Beeps, blips, and noise and your samples should be on there.
Update -finally got it to work but only on iPhone. Using it on iPads is useless which makes no sense to me because it’s the same audio files that they play into the device but for some reason only easy iPhone works.
I would change my review but since the app is so darn slow I will keep it at the same low rating.
In my 10 years of owning apps, beta testing a boatload of audio apps, and owning ALL of Korg’s apps -they have never responded to any of my emails regarding any of their apps. So lately I am in a “why bother“ stage with their iOS apps.
So obviously if you have the Volca sampler it is a decent app to have but be ready to be frustrated.
Developer Response ,
Sorry for the issue.
But we could not reproduce the issue you reported. The system relies on the device settings so it's hard to shoot your problem..
Could you try the other 3rd parties apps? They might works.
Korg hit a home run
This is a game changer in my audio game, period. I had an iPhone 7 with no headphone jack but now that I have an iPad i downloaded this app and my volca sample is back in a big way. If only I’d thought of this earlier,I’d be happier but this is the best thing about my iPad by far.
You have to turn up the volume on the device you use to about 3/4 of all the way up to get the volca to respond, and you have to click each sample in the app on the iOS device you use to send the sample to the volca, but other than that the app is straightforward.
Korg is the greatest of all time for this.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- KORG INC.
- 16 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2019 KORG INC.