Avernum 2: Crystal Souls is an epic, indie, fantasy role-playing adventure in a unique, massive world. The subterranean land of Avernum is full of strange caves, cunning dungeons, and the alien inhabitants of the underworld. Explore a massive, underground nation of tunnels and caverns, packed with over 100 towns and dungeons and 40+ hours of gameplay. Fight to complete up to three distinct game-winning quests.
Avernum 2 is a Pay Once and Play game. Once the app is purchased, you can play the whole thing. We won't nag you for more money.
Avernum 2: Crystal Souls features:
* Epic fantasy adventure with over 50 hours of gameplay. An enormous underworld, with multiple nations and alien cultures.
* Rich game system with over 60 spells and battle disciplines and a multitude of beneficial character traits to choose from.
* Over 100 towns and dungeons.
* Three separate game-winning quests. There are many ways to fight the invaders. Do just one of them or all three!
* Unique races and settings make Avernum different from any adventure out there.
* Dozens of side quests and hundreds of magical artifacts.
The story of Avernum 2 is self-contained, and previous experience with Avernum games isn't required.
* Numerous interface improvements.
* The Cheat Code entry button now appears correctly.
iOS 8 or later required for this update.
Ratings and Reviews
Good start - needs work
I'm comparing this game to the original Avernum for iPad, which is a masterpiece that I've sunk many hours into. This one needs a little more work by comparison. At times the graphics are too choppy when the characters are moving (iPad 4) - the earthquake effect. It's more difficult to press the secret door blocks and 'OK' text boxes. At the beginning of the game I was fighting nephilim and accidentally bumped the mini map which moved the window to another place on the map. When I moved the screen back to the fight, the enemies were just gone. Still a great game, but needs a bit of polish still.
Great design, bad interface design
Gameplay is great, but it would be better if the screen orientation did not default to one angle, and the game allowed us to turn the screen on the iPad.
Awesome retro fantasy RPG!!!
Spiderweb Software makes the best story driven RPG's that I ever played. If you like old school fantasy RPG's like Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Avadon, and Dungeons of Chaos on iOS, then this game is for you!
- Spiderweb Software
- 252.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Copyright 2015-6, Spiderweb Software, All Rights Reserved
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.