Create a wide range of barcodes in vector or bitmap format for use in print or packaging.
Join over 3500 users worldwide running this easy to use, professional quality barcode creator.
Simply fill in your barcode specifications in the main window, preview the barcode to check it's as you expect then save it to disk for use in Word, Illustrator, Powerpoint etc.
Barcode Basics can create a huge range of common barcodes (over 30 types are supported) in many graphic file types including eps (vector format) and pdf (vector format), jpeg, gif, pdf and png.
• Bar Width Reduction (BWR) to allow you to compensate for ink spread on printing presses. This is an essential feature for professional printing (and cannot be supported by other font based applications).
• Bar height (truncation) and barcode scale (magnification).
• Optional add-on digits (either 2 or 5) are supported for EAN, UPC, ISMN, ISBN and ISSN codes.
• Fast response from English speaking support via the "Contact support…" option in the app's main menu.
• Support for metric (mm or microns) and imperial measurements (inches)
• Barcodes can be exported in EPS (vector) or PDF (vector) format or high resolution GIF, BMP, JPG or PNG
• Barcodes are compatible with Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Word, Powerpoint etc.
• Support for Automator actions - create bespoke workflows to automate barcode production.
• No sneaky In-App purchases - you get all the functionality listed on this page, for the price listed on this page!
• Compatible with macOS Catalina
Alternatively, use Barcode Basics' powerful Automator action support to integrate it into your own custom Automator workflows, apps or services. Anything you can do in the Barcode Basics app, you can do in Automator!
SUPPORTED BARCODE TYPES
• Code 11
• Code 39
• Code 128
• UPC A
• UPC E
• EAN 8
• EAN 13
• EAN 13 (GS1)
• EAN 14
• Interleaved 2 of 5
• ITF 14
• GS1 DataBar Omnidirectional, GS1 DataBar Stacked, GS1 DataBar Stacked Omnidirectional, GS1 DataBar Truncated, GS1 DataBar Limited, SSCC-18
• ISBN, ISSN, ISMN
• USPS Postnet, USPS Intelligent Mail, USPS Planet, Royal Mail (UK), Royal TNT (Netherlands), Japan Post, Deutsch Leitcode, Deutsch Identcode
• Pharmacode, Two-track Pharmacode, Italian Pharmacode, PZN7, PZN8
• MSI Plessey
Fixed bug where new window wasn't opened when user clicks the dock icon.
Ratings and Reviews
really is basic
i got this app for the cheap price compared to other expensive barcode software, but you get what you pay for.
pros: very basic, easy to use, save as vector format
cons: no barcode preview area, no automatic check digit output
Developer Response ,
A very belated response here - we've only recently got the ability to reply to reviews.
Just to say, Barcode Basics now has a preview and automatic check digit calculation can be toggled on or off in the Preferences.
Handy little app and great support!
Rob and the crew are amazing!! I had a few issues with the app when i bought it and they released a fix/version ASAP and our company was back up and running!
A solid 4 stars! Just as good as some of the more expensive barcode software. Doesn’t have all the bells and whistles as my previously used software but it has everything I need - and the price is 10 times lower!
Developer Response ,
Great to hear you're finding Barcode Basics useful - and many thanks for the review.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rob Stott
- 762.4 KB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 10.11 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2021 Ghostotter Software
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.