BarTunes allows you to control iTunes from your Mac's menu bar.
Quickly view album artwork, play/pause, skip forward and jump back through your music,
with controls right in the menu bar.
• Play/Pause, Next, Previous controls in menu bar (optional)
• View album artwork in menu bar (optional)
• Rate/Get Rating of current song
• Quickly view song, album & artist name
- Fixes for newer versions of iTunes and OS X 10.11
- Added ability to "love" a track when using newer versions of iTunes (12.4.1+)
Ratings and Reviews
good enough, but small issues
1. The next/previous track buttons cannot be optionally removed. They're extremely annoying because I often hit them by mistake when trying to play/pause, which is nontrivally irritating when listening to long tracks (sets of hours' length) and losing my place.
2. For unclear reasons, the album artwork doesn't always show up.
nice but small suggestion
this app is free so my feeling is no negativity allowed . . . period. But, it would be nice if you could ‘rewind’ to the start of a song instead of going to the previous song. For now the controls only let you go to the song before or the song after. You know - in the case of go back: need also the single < not only the double <<
Perfect menu bar iTunes controller
Great little app for controlling iTunes. I started out only using the play/pause, next, and back buttons but have also gotten used to having the additional controls just a click away in the menu bar. Well done!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.