BerryCam has received a full rewrite and new simpler, cleaner UI.
- All new design, that you'll still be familiar with, complete with new Light and Dark themes
- Share directly with social networks, your contacts or save to your camera roll
- Support for the newer v2 Raspberry Pi 8MP Camera Module
- Support for Landscape mode for an even larger image preview
- Grid overlay to get your images perfectly straight
- New and improved settings view, with all Raspicam features and options in one place
- Support iPad split view multitasking
Please ensure that you download the latest Python script for your Raspberry Pi at http://fotosyn.com/berrycam/v2/support
Ratings and Reviews
Great remote control of the raspberry pi camera
I've found BerryCam very useful for wireless control of astrophotography with the Raspberry Pi camera module. It has been quite reliable and gives access to most of the options I need. I did have to modify the python script that runs the server on the Raspberry Pi to add the time lapse parameters that I need, but that was not too hard.
A couple of improvements that I'd like to see in the next version are:
Full support of all of the raspistill camera perimeters over their full ranges, especially the time lapse ones, so that these can all be easily set at run time. For time lapses showing just the first or the last image of the sequence would be adequate, although periodic updating the image show to the latest time lapse image would be ideal.
Updating the python server script so that it would allow camera control from a browser interface would also be very useful and allow camera control from a laptop browser as well as the BerryCam app.
Thanks for this useful app!
Works well on pi4
Pi: Pi 4 (4gb)
OS: Raspbian (Buster)
Cam: V2.0 8mp
Remarkably simple setup. I was able to ssh over my phone and get the necessary .py file. Thats all you need actually. Run the script and enter the ip address of the pi on the app and you’re up running. Took all of 2 minutes. I haven't ran into any of the issues others have been mentioning.
would like it more if it worked
every time I take a photo I get sent back to my desktop, and no picture is taken.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.