YouVersion: Start your day inspired by God's Word
It’s hard to stay centered on God & His Word. That’s why the free YouVersion Bible App gives you tools to seek God’s heart daily: listen to audio Bibles, create Prayers, study with Friends, explore 2,000+ Bible versions, and much more. Download now!
On over 400 million devices around the world, people are reading, listening to, watching, and sharing the free YouVersion Bible App. 2,000+ Bible versions, in 1,300+ languages. Thousands of Reading Plans in 65+ languages. Add your own Prayers, Verse Images, Highlights, Bookmarks, and public or private Notes.
Customize your Bible App experience. Access everything when connected, or download specific versions to use offline.
Explore the Bible with your closest friends. Share honest conversations about Scripture with a trusted community. Grow together and share what you discover.
MAKE PRAYER A DAILY HABIT
* Use Prayer cards to keep track of your Prayers in the Bible App
* Easily organize Prayer lists
* Make your Prayers private or share with Friends
* Celebrate answered Prayer requests with your Bible App Friends
DISCOVER THE BIBLE
* Easily select from thousands of Bible versions, in 1,300+ languages
* Over 60 languages to choose from for your Bible App interface
* Choose from popular versions like the NIV, NASB, ESV, NKJV, NLT, KJV, The Message, and more.
* Offline Bibles: Read without network access (available for select versions)
* Listen to audio Bibles and enjoy skip, playback speed, and timer controls. (Audio Bibles available for select versions and are not downloadable.)
CONNECT WITH FRIENDS
* Center your friendships around Scripture in the Bible App
* See a stream of Bible activity that shows what you and your Friends are noting, bookmarking, and highlighting
* Comment to ask questions and enjoy meaningful conversations in the app as you study God’s Word together
STUDY THE BIBLE
* Thousands of Plans: Devotionals and Plans that lead you through specific topics, portions of the Bible, or the entire Bible in a year (both Bible in One Year and One Year® Bible)
* Watch and share video clips from The Bible Project, the “JESUS” film, “The Lumo Project,” and more
* Search the Bible using keywords
CUSTOMIZE YOUR BIBLE
* Themes let you select a color palette for your entire Bible App experience
* Verse Images turn Bible verses into shareable art
* Highlight with custom colors—just like a paper Bible
* Bookmark passages: Share, memorize, or keep track of your favorites
* Share verses with friends using social networks, email, or SMS/text
* Add Notes: Keep them private so only you can see them, or make them public to share with friends
* Cloud syncing: With a free YouVersion account, see all your Notes, Highlights, Bookmarks, and Reading Plans on any supported device
* Easy Reading: Adjust settings like fonts, spacing, and text size, and even read in Dark Mode
CONNECT WITH YOUVERSION
* Contact Support from inside the Bible App
* Join the @youversion community on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok & Pinterest
* Catch up on the latest at blog.youversion.com
* Access the Bible online at bible.com
Download the world’s #1 Bible App and enjoy the Bible experience loved by millions!
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Finding my Faith (again)
I downloaded this app for my journey into my finding my faith. It’s been 17 years since I prayed or read a Bible. Once I was a well versed Christian lady who attended church twice every Sunday, on Wednesdays and every time there was something going on at the church. Personal tragedy struck and I stepped away from my faith and God. I stepped away from myself. Over the last year I have felt an empty part of me that was wanting. I didn’t know what I was wanting. Then, when I found that I couldn’t even give inspiration to others anymore I hit my knees and that’s when I knew what I was missing. I began looking to God again and talking to him. I came across this app and it has helped me so much! Aside from the Bible which I can read or have it read to me, the Bible studies are very insightful. I love that I can pick from an ever growing list of Bible studies. Anything from depression to marriage and everything in between. The daily inspections and notifications have touched me so many times. It seems like there is always something that comes into notifications right when I need it. Like a text from a friend that just saying “Hey! I am here.” Some things are right on time and exactly what I need at that moment. I love being able to take a verse that moves me and make a pic of it and save to my phone or share on FB. You can connect with friends and family and contacts that also use the app and you can participate in group Bible studies. I love this app!
Good Morning God
I have had this app downloaded for years but until Covid I did not take advantage of all that wonderful “gifts” it holds. During this time my dearest friend from California invited me to do two devotional plans with her. They both not only spiritually blessed my life, brought me to my friend, but also created a new habit for me. I am even on my way to finishing a 100 day devotional that I had begun several years ago. On top of that their is the Good Morning devotional that greets you on the Home page. I would not miss that for anything! Every morning it has been wonderful to meet new pastors as well as one I know as they inspire and encourage me as I begin my day! God has developed a new habit of beginning my day with Him here, and I am so thankful!
Since I began this review I have begun doing a plan with not only my friend from California but one from Puerto Rico. Through the plan we have done together I have seen God work wonderfully in our lives. He is truly an amazing God!
Another update, one of my friends that lives closer but is still an hour away excepted my invitation to join my in doing a plan together. That was months ago and we are still opening our mornings with God through the devotional plans we do “together”. How great is our God! God continues to work in my life and my friends’ lives transforming us in ways I could never have imagined. Thank You, my Father for the amazing grace and mercy through the work of Your people! Amen
It saved my life
I was so broken, depressed and useless when I downloaded this app. Even though I had been saved when I was 13 and rededicated my life several times, I was lost. I was not reading God’s word, going to church or with other Christians. Satan had his way with me. He knew my weaknesses and I chased the desires of my flesh. As of today, 167 days in a row in this app, reading the daily devotionals, completed 39 plans, sharing prayer requests, and praying for others, God has changed me and renewed me like never before in my life. The miracles that I’ve witnessed in my own life and others have me in awe with God. My desires have changed completely. God did that, not me. I’m even starting to get persecuted verbally for sharing God’s word. Praise God. Thank you for this app. It will continue to be a part of my day, every day. I pray one person may read this and relate to where I was, and have no other choice like me, but to give it a try. It was either take a new step or eventually die a very slow, agonizing death. Take a step of faith and see what God does in your life. It didn’t happen over night for me, yet it happened a lot faster than I could imagine. God is abundant in grace and mercy. His love is beyond my imagination. It was never about me and what I thought I really deserved (Absolutely nothing but punishment), it’s about who God is, as my loving Father. God is right there waiting on you...fall into His arms. You can trust Him, I promise.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 195.4 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 9.0 or later.
English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Haitian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Kurdish, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Mongolian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Shona, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yoruba, Zulu
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2021 Life.Church
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.