Daily Study, Audio & Prayer
Take God’s Word with you wherever you go with the free YouVersion Bible App. Listen to Audio Bibles, create Prayers, study with Friends, watch engaging Videos, explore 2,500+ Bible versions, and much more. Download now!
On over 500 million devices around the world, people are reading, listening to, watching, and sharing the free YouVersion Bible App. 2,500+ Bible versions, in 1,750+ languages. Thousands of Reading Plans in 65+ languages. Add your own Prayers, Verse Images, Highlights, Bookmarks, and public or private Notes.
Customize your Bible App experience. Access everything when connected, or download specific versions to use offline.
Explore the Bible with your closest friends. Share honest conversations about Scripture with a trusted community. Grow together and share what you discover.
MAKE PRAYER A DAILY HABIT
* Use Prayer cards to keep track of your Prayers in the Bible App
* Easily organize Prayer lists
* Make your Prayers private or share with Friends
* Celebrate answered Prayer requests with your Bible App Friends
DISCOVER THE BIBLE
* Easily select from thousands of Bible versions, in 1,750+ languages
* Over 60 languages to choose from for your Bible App interface
* Choose from popular versions like the NIV, NASB, ESV, NKJV, NLT, KJV, The Message, and more.
* Offline Bibles: Read without network access (available for select versions)
* Listen to audio Bibles and enjoy skip, playback speed, and timer controls. (Audio Bibles available for select versions and are not downloadable.)
CONNECT WITH FRIENDS
* Center your friendships around Scripture in the Bible App
* See a stream of Bible activity that shows what you and your Friends are noting, bookmarking, and highlighting
* Comment to ask questions and enjoy meaningful conversations in the app as you study God’s Word together
STUDY THE BIBLE
* Thousands of Plans: Devotionals and Plans that lead you through specific topics, portions of the Bible, or the entire Bible in a year (both Bible in One Year and One Year® Bible)
* Watch and share video clips from The Bible Project, the “JESUS” film, “The Lumo Project,” and more
* Search the Bible using keywords
CUSTOMIZE YOUR BIBLE
* Themes let you select a color palette for your entire Bible App experience
* Verse Images turn Bible verses into shareable art
* Highlight with custom colors—just like a paper Bible
* Bookmark passages: Share, memorize, or keep track of your favorites
* Share verses with friends using social networks, email, or SMS/text
* Add Notes: Keep them private so only you can see them, or make them public to share with friends
* Cloud syncing: With a free YouVersion account, see all your Notes, Highlights, Bookmarks, and Reading Plans on any supported device
* Easy Reading: Adjust settings like fonts, spacing, and text size, and even read in Dark Mode
CONNECT WITH YOUVERSION
* Contact Support from inside the Bible App
* Join the @youversion community on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok & Pinterest
* Catch up on the latest at blog.youversion.com
* Access the Bible online at bible.com
Download the world’s #1 Bible App and enjoy the Bible experience loved by millions!
We’re so glad you’re using YouVersion to seek God every day!
Here’s what’s new:
Now you can add a Streaks widget to your home screen to remind you to draw closer to God every day.
Ratings and Reviews
Reviews should come up AFTER each use!
It is hard to remember any problems I’ve had with the app during a prior session, and I submit that the review opportunity should pop up after each use, rather than when someone starts using the app. I think that would help in identifying useful problems, issues and praises for the app. It is somewhat difficult and frustrating to bring up previous notes one has made. I make a lot of notes with scriptures which I need to review and further consider at a later point. But I can’t always find them! However, after further use, it’s pretty easy. Secondly, it is also difficult to remove a bible study plan that shows up four times under the selected plan list. I think I finally figured it out last night, but we’ll see... Thirdly, I do greatly enjoy the app, including the daily Bible verses and the opportunity to create a picture with the verse, or even use one’s own photos! That is fun! On the Bible study side, I love the ability to flip from one Bible version to another with great ease, while keeping with the passage you’re currently focused on. I use that option the most! It is also easy to find a verse one is looking for, or Bible chapters. I do enjoy and appreciate this app. Thank you for including such useful and creative options. Also, thank you for presenting the option for review and input, which I trust you read and take action on those you can identify as good for the app. Thank you for your time and consideration of the above matters.
Very accessible, plenty of options
I love the Bible app. It is remarkably one of the most helpful apps I have. It is super accessible, especially when you’re so busy you forget to read your Bible or spend some devotional time. I love the daily verse reminders, the numerous ways we can keep track of our reading, the beautiful options for making images out of verses. There is even an option for writing down prayers, and you can choose to make it private or public with friends. In the hustle and bustle of daily living, I am able to jot down a quick prayer and it doesn’t mean much at the moment, but months or weeks later I’d look back to it and realize just how impactful it was. Because it is so easy to write down a simple and quick prayer in the app, it helps with practicality: you can pray over it right away. And that one prayer changes a lot of things. I’m grateful for all the Bible app plans; there are so many options, short ones and long ones. I especially love the chronological and canonical reading plans. I love that the Bible app collaborates with a lot of Christian artists and preachers all over the country, even the world, and is able to make their voice, their teachings, and their wisdom accessible to the multitudes like me. Overall, an amazing app!
Edit: lately there’s been trouble with bookmarking. The app doesn’t seem to stick to what you read last time, and it is difficult to keep track of what you read. I hope they fix this. Perhaps it is just on my end.
Love the verse of the day. Change the wave of color across the screen
I am at the 200+ consecutive week mark of being in this app. I start my day with the verse of the day and thoroughly enjoy the video messages that accompany them each day. The format and question at the end is thought provoking. And many times I have saved the daily prayer in my library so I can come back to it and pray again. I have highlighted text and created a library of verses to help me in specific situations. I like creating my own library of topics this way. I have participated in several Bible plans and a couple of daily challenges. I have enjoyed each one and they have enhanced my bible knowledge and I have grown in faith with each one. It warms my heart and soul knowing that this app is translated into so many languages to unify our world. Because of this app, more people of all nationalities have the opportunity to follow Jesus. The only corrective comment I would ask the developers to consider is to take off the wave of color that fades across the opening of the prayer of the day and carries to the verse of the day aa well as the ending prayer. This wave of color is quite distracting. Many times it is a light to dark concept which not only makes the text hard to read; but it just doesn’t feel like the Lord. I have felt like the devil is washing the screen. My hope is that this review will be seen by the developers to make this change. Let’s stay in the light of God while we enjoy the app.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 144.6 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 9.0 or later.
English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Haitian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Kurdish, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Mongolian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Shona, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yoruba, Zulu
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2023 Life.Church