Read the Bible and make use of commentaries and reading plans. You can save any book or Bible you own for offline use. Get free resources when you download the app and sign in, and do better Bible study with exclusive Logos Bible study tools.
Read your favorite Bible translations: we have a variety of options including the NIV, ESV, NASB, NKJV, and many more.
• SAVED LAYOUTS (Logos 8 only) - Save your favorite study layouts so you can return to them later with a few taps.
• TABBED BROWSING - Open as many resources or Bibles as you want side by side.
• REFERENCE SCANNER - Take a picture of a church bulletin or handout using Reference Scanner and the app will open your preferred Bible version to all the verse references.
• LIBRARY - Downloading this app gives you access to up to 95 free resources to kick off your Bible study. In addition, all your Logos books will sync to your device so you can read them on the go.
• NOTES - Attach your thoughts, comments, and questions to any Bible verse or book. The Notes feature has been updated for Logos 8 customers.
• HIGHLIGHTING - Mark the words that matter with fully customizable color and text options and return to them at any time.
• BIBLE WORD STUDY - Learn more about any word in the Bible by examining dictionaries, lexicons, and cross-references.
• PASSAGE GUIDE - Get a detailed, verse-specific report including Bible commentaries, cross-references, literary typing, and media resources.
• TEXT COMPARISON - Compare any verse across multiple translations with visual and percentage indicators of difference.
• SPLIT SCREEN - Delve into any secondary resource side by side with your preferred translation.
• SEARCH - Find every mention of a word or phrase in every resource in your library.
• SOCIAL SHARING - Share Bible verse images with Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, and Email.
• READING PLANS - Get into daily reading with several Bible reading plans to choose from.
• AUDIO BOOKS - Listen to the Bible wherever you are.
Find training for the app at https://www.logos.com/training/ios.
This app contains optional subscriptions called the Bible Study Bundle and Faithlife Connect Mobile.
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by you and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
- Fixed an issue where homepage prayer cards didn't reflect completed prayers until an app restart.
- Handle tapping links within notes.
- Localization updates.
Ratings and Reviews
The Logos Bible! Getting better but can always improve.
The dev team is awesome. They are really working hard to making this app a great study and resource tool. The app is getting a lot more user friendly and easier to study. It is not the desktop app but it is getting there. I use the app more than I use the desktop app. The one thing I would love for the dev team to work on would be the note taking functionality. The app makes you leave your reading and takes you off to a different screen. Would it be possible to have notes in a tab? Also it would be nice to know when you created a note so you can reference back when you created it for reference. It would be nice to have the note with the date on the side of the note. Other than that this app surpasses every other bible App in the App Store when it comes to bible study and accessing a huge library of resources. Nothing else has the tremendous amount of resources as Logos does. You have to try it to believe it. The Logos team just keep out doing themselves. The app keeps getting better with every release. Do not hesitate to get this app.
Developer Response ,
I'm glad you like the app! You may be pleasantly surprised at some changes to notes coming this year :)
Lots of Tabs - Poor Instructions on Usage
I have used Logos "Diamond" level desktop version 7 for the past eight years and have no complaints about its resources or functionality.
However, I cannot say the same for this “new” iPad tab version app and its functionality. Compared to the previous version, which I have used during the last two years, Faithlife has failed to forewarn users of such sudden changes in its software, nor has it provided adequate information or instruction for previous version users to migrate to this new design. How unfortunate and yes, I did review those “Speedy Gonzales videos. What a waste of programming time with absolutely no real instructional substance. I was blindsided from one day to the next when I opened the app and found you I am now ignorant on how to get from one aspect of the program to another.
You got it! I am not happy with Faithlife’s sudden approach in forcing current users to learn a new way of navigating its app software, without adequate warning. At the very least, Faithlife could have given current users the option of remaining with the old navigation menus that are engrained in one’s mind and then allow users to switch once better “tab” menu instructions are available.
David Zachary, MTS
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear that you've had some trouble with the new app. Unfortunately, we can't really announce new versions of the app before we ship them. However, I'd love to hear how we could have done a better job with our instructional videos.
What kinds of videos/content would you like to see in the future?
Good but...a few tweaks
I have evolved in my use of logos so my experience has touched all platforms, desktop, iPads, and now iPhone. Now iPhone has been my go to platform for its mobility, it slips into my pocket right? The others can’t do that. I talk to a lot of people one on one about the gospel and theological issues. This app gives me freedom to do that without leaving notes behind. At any moment I can be talking to someone and have all resources at my thumbs. So where is the rub so to say?
Imagine this; you could still Ike up a conversation with a stranger on the street. I always assume I have only minutes to give the gospel into their hands. Most of the time I don’t need logos but when I do I need turbo performance. I pull my phone out get up logos find reference, easy enough right? The next move is a cap shoot, when I need the drop down options to pop out at the top and bottom of the phone. They as mad to hide, which is good. I swipe up, nothing, I swipe down, nothing, left right tap tap tap, what the heck is the problem. Then later when the conversation is over, there it is like a mole. Can you spell FRUSTRATION... three stars for now. Too I hav a major frustration with the desktop app. I have to call in for that. Can’t type that fast.
- Faithlife Corporation
- 174.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software
- In-App Purchases
- English Standard Version (ESV) $9.99
- New International Version (NIV) $9.99
- New American Standard Bible, 1995 Update (NASB) $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.