BikeGPX is the best way to navigate fixed-route rides such as charity rides, sportives and audaxes where a GPX file has been provided by the organizer, as well as routes you plan yourself in advance.
- Easily send GPX files to your phone from your Mac or PC - no account required
- Off Route Alarm plays a sound if you go off your route
- On-screen Elevation Graph shows what big hills are coming up (in-app purchase required)
- Sharp Turn Alarm looks for upcoming sharp turns and plays a warning sound (in-app purchase required)
- Route ahead highlighting indicates which way to go when different parts of the route overlap
- User accounts allow access to your routes from multiple devices
- Routing continues to work when the app is backgrounded or the phone is in sleep mode
- Optional track recording, so you can export your ride as a GPX when completed
- Support for Bluetooth speed/cadence sensors, heart rate monitors and power meters
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- You can now automatically dim your display while navigating to extend battery life
- The "Routes Starting Nearby" list has been moved to a separate tab
- It's now much easier to finish and save a track log recording
Ratings and Reviews
Great app except my heart rate monitor not compatible
This is exactly what I'm looking for. It's so easy to make a gpx file and upload it to the website so you can ride on any road or trail that you can find on Google Earth. And it shows exactly the data I want to see. Amazing. The only problem is that my heart rate sensor crashes the app instantly. If you can check on making the PowerCal Duo work, that will save me from needing to buy another HRM. The Duo actually transmission both heart rate and estimated power output so maybe that is the problem? I can send you crash log and system log if you need.
Simple but brilliant.
Don’t be fooled by the minimal approach. If you are looking for an app that will let you load GPX tracks and navigate without fuss, this is it.
I have tried a number of other apps and for me all, had serious problems: unreliable GPX uploads, complex menus, overcrowded screens or crashes while riding. What I love about this elegant little app is that it has only what you really need: a clear map with a red route indicator and just the data that you choose to display.
Thanks to the clear map the screen is visible in broad daylight even in the (adjustable ) energy saving mode which dims the screen to about 50% after a minute. In this mode I am able to get more than 4 hours of uninterrupted use. This is way more than anything else I have tried.
The only possible complaint that I can find is that the display font is a bit light/thin. While clean and elegant is not very legible in bright light conditions. Besides this minor issue that I hope one day the developer will look into, the rest of this well thought out app works just as it should.
Great app worth the paid version
Its very intuitive and easy to use. Adding route with gps maps and the guidance map is great. Definitely worth the 4$.
Few features which would make it even awesome
1. While adding route from “ Enter a web address “ an option to prefill the web address except for route number would be great.
2. For longer routes the app seems to flatten the heights. An ability to look at smaller segments and their relative altitudes would be great.
- Graham Parks
- 22 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015-2018 Graham Parks
- In-App Purchases
- BikeGPX Premium $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.