Bike Citizens Cycling App GPS 4+
Cycle route planner & Tracker
Designed for iPhone
- Offers In-App Purchases
Your cycling app with route planner, navigation, tracking and more for cycling in and around the city. Download and start right away: Multi-stop route planning, navigation and many more features can be used for free in your self-selected Premium Area (7km diameter)!
FEATURES OF THE BIKE CITIZENS APP
• Worldwide availability
• Apple Watch Integration
• Bicycle-optimised display of maps with highlighting of cycle routes
• Tracking of rides and visualisation in the overview and the personal heatmap in the profile
• Bicycle route planner with as many stopovers as needed and display of high metres;
• Routing gives preference to cycle paths and cycle-friendly routes
• Various routing options
• Apple Health Integration
• Find countless places (Points of Interest - POI) with the online search function
• Online route planning and navigation, as well as offline map download (Premium)
• The bike navigator gives precise voice prompts while cycling
• Recommended cycling routes in many cities and regions
• Local and international cycling campaigns, challenges and games such as Bike to Work, Bike Benefit, PINGifyoucare
AVAILABILITY OF THE CYCLING APP
The app is available worldwide. So you can start cycling right away.
YOUR FREE PREMIUM AREA
Use multi-stop route planning, navigation with precise voice prompts and offline maps in a 7km diameter for free! You can also use many of the app's features outside of this area.
BIKE CITIZENS PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP
If you want more of it, worldwide, get the Premium membership! You can use everything that is included in your free premium area worldwide. Plus you get: Map download for offline navigation, many options to personalise your routing settings and your personal profile and much more!
HOW DO I GET PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP?
• Get a Premium subscription in the app ($3.49 per month / $27.99 per year). The subscription will be charged monthly/yearly to your iTunes Account and renews automatically every month unless you disable it at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period from Account Settings. The currently active subscription period cannot be cancelled.
• Redeem a voucher code
• If you live in a sponsored city or region, many premium features are available to you for free.
FREE / SPONSORED CITIES AND REGIONS
In the following sponsored cities and regions the premium area is valid up to the city or region borders, that means all premium features + map download for offline use are available there:
• Bremen / Bremerhaven
• Hannover Region (Bike Benefit)
• Dortmund (Bike Benefit)
• City of Osnabrück
• Hannover Region "Bike Benefit"
• LKH Graz "Bike to Work"
• Dortmund "Bike Benefit"
• Dortmund "Bike to Work"
• Osnabrück "Bike Benefit"
• KBS fährt Rad Challenge 2022
• Stadt Wien "miteinander radeln"
• Schleswig-Holstein "Bock auf Biken"
WHERE DOES THE MAP MATERIAL COME FROM?
The cycling app Bike Citizens is based on data from OpenStreetMap (OSM), the "Wikipedia of maps". We invite you to learn more about OSM at wiki.openstreetmap.org and to contribute to the accurate mapping of the cycling infrastructure in your area.
HOW DOES MY SMARTPHONE GET ON MY BIKE?
As a perfect complement to the cycling app we have developed a smartphone mount for cycling with Bike Citizens. FINN fixes any smartphone to any handlebar, whether city bike, mountain bike or road bike: http://getfinn.com
AWARDS FOR THE BIKE CITIZENS APP
• VCÖ Mobility Award 2015
• Eurobike Award 2015
• Apps for Europe Award 2014
We welcome feedback - it helps us to improve the bike app even further: email@example.com
Your Bike Citizens
Please note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Bike Citizens keeps GPS on in the background only while navigating.
Discover the new spirit at Bike Citizens. We are cycling into the future with new power and a strong partner. Smettly GmbH is the new company behind the Bike Citizens brand. What does this mean for the app and you as users? You will retain all data and features, as well as the passion of the team to further develop the app.
We are happy to be back with the latest version. What you can expect:
- Improved performance and stability
- New city campaigns
- New Bike2Work Challenges
All changes take some time – thank you for being patient with us! As always we are looking forward to your feedback.
Enjoy your rides!
Ratings and Reviews
Helps me find safest routes in Columbus
Columbus, Ohio is full of high-speed, high traffic roads, and gravely lacks protected bike lanes (or bike lanes at all on most streets.)
This app at least lets you find the streets with less traffic. Super useful when you’re trying to get someplace that you haven’t been before and want to know the safest route. As a consequence, it can take you on horrifically uneven brick roads at times, but at least you’re less likely to be hit by a car.
Disappointing, buggy, nice try
Downloaded the app and was hoping for a good experience. Managed to avoid the misleading purchase requests and got it working to try before buying. Did one ride, worked great. Tried to use it again, but kept getting GPS position is unknown error. Google Map had no such problem with my GPS position, and since it also does bike routes for free, I’m not seeing the point of this app. I did try to make a big report through the app, but I also got an error. Oops! Seems like my GPS position isn’t recognized when I choose to only share my location when I’m using the app. I love irony, but not from navigation apps.
Works great in NYC
This app felt safer to me than google maps in real time on the road. But I would love to be able to add multiple destinations on my routes & I am disappointed that I can’t automatically set my current position as a starting point. Otherwise I’m very happy with this app in place of a bike computer.
Get more NYC people on here! I want more from the social aspects of this app! It has great potential for biking communities.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Smettly GmbH
- 51.6 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Smettly GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $3.49
- Yearly Subscription $27.99
- All cities $13.99
- City Pack Berlin $3.99
- City Pack for New York $3.99
- City Pack for Vienna $3.99
- City Pack for Amsterdam $3.99
- City Pack Paris $1.99
- City Pack Munich $3.99
- City Pack for Los Angeles $3.99