Bike Citizens app - the first cycling app designed for cyclists in urban areas and their surroundings! Real-time route calculation prioritizing bike friendly ways. With precise audio notifications, without active data connection, saving battery and roaming costs. Individual routing from easy to fast as well as tracking options. Available in more than 500 cities worldwide and 350 regions all over Europe, USA, Central America and Australia / New Zealand.
• Route calculation from every location to every address, prioritizing cycle ways, cycle paths and living streets
• Precise audio notifications
• Works offline: no roaming costs in foreign countries
• Categorized lists of sights, from which you can create individual tours
• Tracking via GPS: biking time and distance overview
• Bicycle optimized map style
• Summary and heat map view of recorded tracks
• Local and international campaigns, like Bike to Work, Bike Benefit, PING if you care
• Whole Europe, USA, Central America and Australia / New Zealand
• Australia: e.g. Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney
• Austria: Vienna, Graz, Linz (free), Weiz (free), ...
• Belgium: Antwerp, Brugge, Brussels, ...
• Croatia: Zagreb
• Czech Republic: Brno, Prague
• Denmark: Bornhom, Copenhagen
• Finland: Helsinki
• France: Paris, Marseille, ...
• Germany: 73 cities. Berlin & many free cities and regions (sponsored): Munich, Frankfurt, Bremen/Bremerhaven, Hannover, Essen, Stuttgart, Bonn/Rhein-Sieg, Mainz, Schleswig-Holstein, Osnabrück
• Hungary: Budapest
• Ireland: Dublin
• Italy: Florence, Milan, Rome, ...
• Luxembourg: Luxembourg
• Netherlands: Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague, ...
• Norway: Bergen, Oslo
• Poland: Warsaw, ...
• Portugal: Lisbon, Porto
• Slovenia: Ljubljana, Maribor
• Spain: Madrid, Barcelona, Seville, ...
• Sweden: Stockholm, Malmoe, ...
• Switzerland: Basel, Bern, Geneva, Zurich, ...
• Turkey: Istanbul
• United Kingdom: London, Manchester, Birmingham, Kingston, Coventry, ...
• United States: New York, Las Vegas, LA, ...
• Hannover "Bike Benefit"
• Play & Bike to Work - Global campaign
• Bonn "Jobwärts"
• Schleswig-Holstein "Rad(t)schlag"
• Osnabrück "Bike to School"
Maps which aren't already for free in the app can be unlocked by:
• "Cycle to Free": When installing a new map, choose the option "Cycle to Free". All you have to do is cycle 25km within 30 days.
• Voucher code
• In-app purchase: 4,49€
• Bike Citizens Flatrate: All maps for only 14,99€
• Bike Citizens PRO subscription for 4,99€/month: Unlock profile customization options & unlimited city pack downloads. The subscription will be charged monthly to your iTunes Account and renews automatically every month unless you disable it at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period from Account Settings. The currently active subscription period cannot be cancelled.
• Eurobike Award 2015
• Apps for Europe Award 2014
WHAT MAPS ARE USED?
The Bike Citizens app is a navigation app based on the great OpenStreetMap (OSM), the "Wikipedia of maps". We invite everybody to take a look at wiki.openstreetmap.org in order to learn more about OSM, how it works and how you can contribute.
HOW TO GET MY SMARTPHONE ONTO MY BIKE?
With the smarthpone mount "Finn" you can mount any phone easily onto the handlebar. Developed by Bike Citizens the mount “Finn” comprises a voucher to download a map of your choice for free. Find out more on http://getfinn.com
If you have questions, suggestions, troubles, please don't hesitate to contact us in order to make this app even better: email@example.com
Bike Citizens – Designed for Cyclists, by Cyclists!
Please note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Bike Citizens keeps GPS on in the background only while navigating.
In this update there are again some small bug fixes - but that's not all:
- A new POI category is available: "Cuisine". Because cycling can make you very hungry and thirsty.
Have fun exploring!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Works like Google, but with better map data
Where I live (and I would guess most places) the bicycle infrastructure information is much more detailed and up-to-date in OpenStreetMap than other databases (Google or Apple). I have often wished someone would come out with an app that works like the big navigation apps, but uses OpenStreetMap data. So far, BikeCitizens is the closest thing to that I have found. Their map skin is not the best (bike routes don’t really pop unless you manually zoom out) and their routing algorithm has a tendency to route you along side streets that don’t have safe ways to cross major arteries, but at least it has voice navigation and I haven’t found any other app that comes remotely close to the interface of Google or Apple Maps for real-time bicycle navigation.
Works great in NYC
This app felt safer to me than google maps in real time on the road. But I would love to be able to add multiple destinations on my routes & I am disappointed that I can’t automatically set my current position as a starting point. Otherwise I’m very happy with this app in place of a bike computer.
Get more NYC people on here! I want more from the social aspects of this app! It has great potential for biking communities.
Disappointing, buggy, nice try
Downloaded the app and was hoping for a good experience. Managed to avoid the misleading purchase requests and got it working to try before buying. Did one ride, worked great. Tried to use it again, but kept getting GPS position is unknown error. Google Map had no such problem with my GPS position, and since it also does bike routes for free, I’m not seeing the point of this app. I did try to make a big report through the app, but I also got an error. Oops! Seems like my GPS position isn’t recognized when I choose to only share my location when I’m using the app. I love irony, but not from navigation apps.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Bike Citizens Mobile Solutions GmbH
- 397.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Bike Citizens Mobile Solutions GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- City Pack for Vienna $3.99
- City Pack Innsbruck $3.99
- City Pack for Graz $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.