The BLEASS Alpha Synth is a virtual analog polyphonic stereo synthesizer inspired by classic analog synths and enhanced by the BLEASS’ very own musical and technical approach.
The Alpha is a highly versatile Synthesizer that aims at bringing new ways of designing and playing an infinite constellation of sounds in the iOS music making universe.
The BLEASS Alpha Synth offers many features that all musicians and producers alike will enjoy using in their music making process:
SIMPLE & INTUITIVE INTERFACE: follow the direction of the audio signal : design your own synth sounds by tweaking each panel, from left to right.
VISUALISE YOUR SOUND : thanks to its user-friendly visual filters, sliders, LFOs and envelopes, quickly understand how to design your own presets.
CPU EFFICIENT: how many times have you experienced crackling sounds while making music in the studio or on stage? The BLEASS Alpha Synth aims at offering a smooth & steady experience on iPhones and iPads, whether used as standalone or as an Audio Unit (AUv3) into your favorite DAW.
A UNIQUE MOTION SEQUENCER inspired by modular synthesizers brings a new dimension to your pads, leads and sequences by offering a large amount of rhythmic and expressive modulation possibilities and which can be coupled with the arpeggiator.
UPCOMING UPGRADES AND NEW PRESETS: The BLEASS team has partnered with many artists & sound designers in order to continuously improve the BLEASS experience, so watch out for upcoming updates bringing more features and new presets!
Technical specifications :
Synth Engine :
- Mono / Polyphonic synthesizer
- MPE Compatible: Timbre & Pressure parameters
- More than 200+ factory presets as well as over 220+ additional presets
- Built-in arpeggiator with beat sync
- BLEASS’s Motion Sequencer for rhythmic & expressive modulation
- 2 stereo + 1 mono fine-tunable oscillators with variable waveshapes & pulse widths
- Phase control on stereo oscillators for wide stereo
- Unison settings multiplying oscillators per voice
- Cross & ring modulation between oscillators
- Modulation wheel has destination control
- Hard sync
- 1 noise source
- 2 LFOs per voice with multiple waveforms & multiple modulation targets
- 2 variable state filters with drive settings
- 3 ADSR with multiple modulation targets
- assignable modulations targets for the Modwheel
- modulation destinations : Volume, Pan, Pitch, Osc3Level, Vibrato Amount, LFOs, Cutoff, Res., OscMix, OscXMod, RingLevel, OscPW, OscWave, OscPitch...
- Vibrato parameters : speed & amount
- Master Detune parameter
- Advanced presets management: import / export multiple presets, assign category, rename, edit
Built-in Effects :
- Delay with filter and ping-pong effect
- Reverb with length, filter and color control
- Built-In Keyboard with pitch-bend and modulation wheel
- Midi compatible
- Midi over Bluetooth
- Audio Unit V3 compatible
- Ableton Link
- Bluetooth Audio
- 200+ factory presets designed by our dear friends Jordan Rudess, Mark Lion, Torley, La Phaze, Nu-Trix, Electronisounds, the Garageband Guide, the Beat Community... (More presets to come along with the upcoming updates!)
- Store your own presets and share it across the Standalone and AUv3
- MPE Pressure uses Force Touch (for compatible devices)
audio engine minor fix
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Excellent for sound design
Every aspect of this powerful synth can be modulated externally and internally.
What does that mean? You can do a lot of cool and weird stuff with it you’ve never heard before and make a variety of nice synth sounds.
Works pretty well on all iPads as well, iPad Pro is not necessary, all of Bleass apps have very efficient programming and are friendly on your CPU usage.
Don’t hesitate on this one, just buy it. Seriously.
Can y’all have a meeting with all the other iOS synth developers and let them know how important it is to have a CPU friendly smooth running app? The best sounds in the world don’t mean much if it’s crackling and crashing every other time.
Developer Response ,
ah ah! Well thank you! indeed we focus on high stability and efficiency and so do other developers! but it's not always easy considering many parameters (buffer / daw / iPad specs)...
Bleass Alpha. A. Delight.
Turning seventy was made a lot easier with Bleass Alpha installed. This thing is deep and it makes me laugh too.
Bleass Alpha is a delight. It makes great sounds which is so important in today’s cluttered up world of soft synths and it is a joy to use. It took to Bitwig like a duck.
Very reasonably priced. Which makes it a real deal.
Developer Response ,
- 36 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © BLEASS 2020
- In-App Purchases
- MPE Preset Pack #1 $2.99
- Sound Of Izrael Preset Pack $1.99
- Torley Preset Pack $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.