This app is a CLIENT for the Blue Iris Windows PC software. In order to make use of this app, you must have Blue Iris version 5 installed and running on a Windows PC or VM. Instructions for connecting this app to the PC software are found in the Remote Access chapter of its Help file.
This app provides a single point of contact to your home camera network. There is no need to insecurely open individual cameras to the Internet. This app connects using a secure and session-based protocol--no passwords are transmitted in plain text.
Remote access does require router configuration or NGROK, which you can test without the app by using Safari. You should see your Blue Iris login page.
Key features include:
- Manage multiple Blue Iris installations
- Geofencing: set status, send alerts, and more in response to device location *
- Control the shield icon, schedule and profile selection
- Receive iOS push notification alerts when a Blue Iris camera is triggered or there is a critical status message
- Fast H.264 streaming
- Control PTZ, IR and more for any camera that’s also controllable at the Blue Iris PC
- Listen to and talk to any camera that’s also supported at the Blue Iris PC
- Navigate cameras by tapping and swiping
- Review recordings as stored on the Blue Iris PC, up to 64x speed
- Download recorded video from the Blue Iris PC to the iOS device
- Selectively delete recordings from the Blue Iris PC
- Broadcast live video from the iOS device directly into a Blue Iris PC camera window
- Remote control DIO output signals on compatible devices
- Baby monitor functionality: continue to listen to audio with app closed or device in standby **
* Note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
** Note that continued use of audio streaming running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app but it’s more of a DIY nightmare
To start off. We used this app for about a good year. App has served well with minimal errors and has proven a sturdy app with playback being smooth and almost live playback speed on the viewing side. Viewing recordings is almost seem less as well with no studdering. It’s probably our nvr spec but it will not playback 4K level video unless you wait 4 hrs.
Nightmare side. Apple did something that goofed up a tls version 1 ssl support and it cause a month of issues. I believe we have it sorted but it will pretty much only send notifications with no thumbnail but let us login. To view.
U will get a positive experience just expect a longer time to get it ironed out
Nice Companion to Blue Iris NVR
I’ve been testing remotely for about a week and it has been rock solid for the basic function of viewing motion alerts—definitely worth the price! I have much to learn regarding the various features and configuration of Blue Iris NVR and the iPhone app but I’m already a believer because core functionality on both work so well. I’m getting ready to work with Support for using a Samsung/Hanwha PNV-9080R and it will be worth the effort. I’m moving to all 4K+ cams and I’m optimistic the foundation can handle it. So much better than my old dedicated NVR which was full of bugs!
My NVR has robust hardware (8th gen I7 / 32G RAM) and responds well—the responsiveness continues to be good using the remote app, so it seems well designed. I was under the impression the NVR supports H.265 so it would be nice if the remote does also as do my new 4K cams. I’m not sure about the description saying no router config needed...I set up port forwarding for remote access to NVR as documented, but it works just the same.
Stable for years
I’ve had a BI setup for over 5 years. While I’ve had minor qualms with it here and there, it’s got significant bang-for-the-buck.
Like several other comments, most recent software updates have introduced new features or settings which has somehow dropped the automatic counters on the phone app. However, the app is powerful, software is extremely powerful, and the software runs with professional runtime without crashing. It’s been quite reliable for us.
The downside of flexible software is that there is a higher learning curve. It’s really not for the faint of heart. Folks wanting something easier to set up might look elsewhere. The developer is advised to remember his target market as he makes changes, and watching for the competitors and see what they are doing. I’ve considered going to another system but to date, BI has still been the best fit for our use.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ken Pletzer
- 36.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Perspective Software, All Rights Reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.