This app is a CLIENT for the Blue Iris Windows PC software. In order to make use of this app, you must have Blue Iris version 4 installed and running on a Windows PC or VM. Instructions for connecting this app to the PC software are found in the Networking topic of its Help file.
This app provides a single point of contact to your home camera network. There is no need to insecurely open individual cameras to the Internet. This app connects using a secure and session-based protocol--no passwords are transmitted in plain text.
Remote access does require router configuration, which you can test without the app by using Safari. You should see your Blue Iris login page.
Key features include:
- Manage multiple Blue Iris installations
- Geofencing: set status, send alerts, and more in response to device location *
- Control the traffic signal icon, schedule and profile selection
- Receive iOS push notification alerts when a Blue Iris camera is triggered or there is a critical status message
- Fast H.264 streaming
- Control PTZ, IR and more for any camera that’s also controllable at the Blue Iris PC
- Listen to and talk to any camera that’s also supported at the Blue Iris PC
- Navigate cameras by tapping and swiping
- Review recordings as stored on the Blue Iris PC, up to 64x speed
- Download recorded video from the Blue Iris PC to the iOS device
- Selectively delete recordings from the Blue Iris PC
- Broadcast live video from the iOS device directly into a Blue Iris PC camera window
- Remote control DIO output signals on compatible devices
- Baby monitor functionality: continue to listen to audio with app closed or device in standby **
* Note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
** Note that continued use of audio streaming running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Fix to allow proper switching between servers when opening remote notifications
Fix for geofence to use server name instead of WAN address as internal server identifier
Log saved to documents folder (accessible via iTunes app) for geofence updates and issue resolution
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The app is worth purchasing but badly needs a refresh
Really stable and reliable app that compliments Blue Iris really well. It does its basic job, which is to allow you to reliably view your live feeds and clips from your mobile. However, the app is in dire need of a refresh. The UI is just dated and the layout isn’t the most user friendly. For starters, I would love to see the PTZ controls go away from from the camera view and for the playback controls to allow for jumping backwards and forwards by preset intervals.
Nice Companion to Blue Iris NVR
I’ve been testing remotely for about a week and it has been rock solid for the basic function of viewing motion alerts—definitely worth the price! I have much to learn regarding the various features and configuration of Blue Iris NVR and the iPhone app but I’m already a believer because core functionality on both work so well. I’m getting ready to work with Support for using a Samsung/Hanwha PNV-9080R and it will be worth the effort. I’m moving to all 4K+ cams and I’m optimistic the foundation can handle it. So much better than my old dedicated NVR which was full of bugs!
My NVR has robust hardware (8th gen I7 / 32G RAM) and responds well—the responsiveness continues to be good using the remote app, so it seems well designed. I was under the impression the NVR supports H.265 so it would be nice if the remote does also as do my new 4K cams. I’m not sure about the description saying no router config needed...I set up port forwarding for remote access to NVR as documented, but it works just the same.
Worth buying 100%
I was slightly hesitant to buy the app since a lot of recent reviews have low ratings, but I’m not disappointed at all. As long as you have the server (works with v5) and your cameras configured properly, all the functions of the app work perfectly. Even 3D push notifications (notifications with an alert image) work perfect, and if you have an Apple Watch, the alert image notification pops up on your wrist without ever having to pull out your phone or laptop to see what triggered the alarm. The UI is a little outdated but all the critical features like streaming options for LAN vs WAN/LTE, browse alerts and clips, do basic management of the server, and getting alerts all work perfect which makes this the perfect companion app for Blue Iris. A+
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.