+++ Time Tracking for your Mac with Caato time Tracker+ - In Sync. Effortless. Powerful +++
Time tracking should be easy and effortless. That's what Caato Time Tracker+ is about! It was designed and streamlined in close cooperation with our clients and the result is a reliable, easy-to-use and hassle-free application.
Caato Time Tracker+ is perfect for you as a small business owner, designer, consultant, developer, architect, lawyer or freelance worker for tracking your work time or billable hours. Caato Time Tracker+ has powerful features, yet it's extremely simple to use.
Organize your activities in projects, add notes for a better description and use folders (Pro version) for clients or archives. Caato Time Tracker+ features a report view with detailed entries which gives you a quick overview of all that you have accomplished. The date range filter helps you focus on only the tracked time you are interested in. Billing your clients is a matter of seconds with filter presets like "Last Month" and handy CVS and enhanced excel export (excel export in Pro version).
If you’re wondering how many hours you’ve already worked today, just take a look at the app icon or the menu bar status and you'll know! To get more specific insights, use the sorting function or power search with instant feedback.
Easily stay on top of your time: Caato Time Tracker+ features a 3-tier hierarchy of projects, activities, and detailed time entries. In the Pro version, Caato Time Tracker+ allows you to sync your time with your other Macs or iPhone and Apple Watch. Caato uses its own cloud for high reliability and fast syncing.
Focus on your work - Caato Time Tracker+ keeps your time: You can always add, delete or edit entries on every level for maximal flexibility. Excel (Pro version) and CSV export options enable you easily to build reports with your favorite spreadsheet application or send reports directly via email.
- Start and pause with one click
- Allows instant editing of entries in the past
- Tracks projects, activities and detailed time entries including seconds
- Add notes and copy time entry data to clipboard
- Setting for automatically converting hours to 24 hour days or 8 hour workdays
- Tracks multiple projects at once, if you choose to.
- Sorting, filtering, and search functions for easy overviews
- Date range filter with presets and individual date range picker
- Easy Excel (Pro version) and CSV export with formatting options and email feature
- Group projects into folders and choose folder color (Pro version)
- Sync time with other Macs or iPhone and Apple watch (Pro version)
- Context-sensitive totals in the status bar
- Menu bar item for quick access
- Shows today’s working hours or the number of currently tracked projects in dock icon
- Retina resolution support
- Quick and friendly support
- With the "Pro Version“ in-app purchase subscription, you get access to folders, enhanced excel export and the ability to sync your projects with your other Macs, iPhone and Apple Watch.
In this app update we've improved the onboarding experience for users that are new to our app. Let us know what you think and if you want to see an introduction to other features of the app as well.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A great start
This is a great little app. It accomplishes very elegantly what other more robust apps cannot.
- Highly unintuitive interface... you really have to explore the window and all the buttons available and use it for a while to really understand it. Needs some fundamental design changes.
- Infrequent updates make me question the quality and future of support.
- I had some trouble purchasing the pro version. The problem was that I have been using the app (for free) on multiple machines, and for some reason it wanted me to upgrade from one machine and not another.
The good news is that all data was synced successfully after purchasing the pro upgrade.
I would love to see an option for automatic daily/weekly/monthly reports. I hope this app continues to evolve.
Obsessed with Caato+
I seriously LOVE this app. I use it on my MacBook and my home office iMac computer. I am a law school student and I love tracking the time I spend studying in each class. I noticed from the time I press play on the time I jump right in to studying. Knowing that your time is being recorded gives me an incentive to study and not do other things — like scrolling through social media. The app is SUPER easy to use… I put down a folder for each class and then I add sub folders for the different types of studying I do. Whether its doing practice exams or briefing cases or even studying multiple choice. It really makes a difference in knowing how much time and effort I have put in to my work. I would totally recommend this app to ANYONE that wants to track their time — for anything! Not just school! For work or for projects… It’s really user friendly and totally worth the subscription! Its free if you don’t use the “syncing” piece or adding different/ more than one folder. For me, I definitely need the Pro version. I love it!
Was Useful - Now A Disappointment
I used to rely on the previous version as a (reliable) method of tracking time with clients. I shared its name with colleagues, and never looked for an alternative. It was/is a bit in the dark ages, and needed some updates for cloud support, system integration, etc. Instead of a paid upgrade, we get this: another once-decent app that tried to fly too close to the sun, and be something it’s not.
I am a software architect and I understand the desire for a continuous trickle of profit for an app vs initial purchase spikes, but this is not the way to do it; this is not the app to do it. This is not Adobe or some high-end music instrumentation library where a subscription can be logical depending on usage. This is a basic time tracker that has a few evernote-esque additions and is trying to be more than it needs to be.
If the developer needs more money, charge more for the app up front. If anyone goes for this subscription model, that’s their prerogative. I think I’ll end up writing my own if I dont find any alternatives (and if so, charge a reasonable fee and keep it streamlined for its purpose).
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- CS Software Consultancy Ltd
- 5.2 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 CS Software Consultancy Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- 6 months Pro subscription $30.99
- 1 month Pro subscription $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.