Calculator thought from scratch! Calculate, comment and correct instantly.
What happens if you combine a standard calculator App, a classic desktop calculator and a note App ?
CalcTape brings you the best of these and even more.
It is your companion for all daily calculation needs and easily masters all scenarios you can imagine.
CalcTape is NOT a scientific calculator app, but do we need these in daily use ?
Ever did a long calculation with many figures and asked yourself:
"Did I enter the last figure correctly ?"
"The result looks strange somehow !"
With CalcTape you keep an overview, can check all figures and correct figures instantly inplace with
all subsequent results being adjusted automatically !
Missed a figure ? No problem: Just insert it in the right place easily by entering a new line.
You can place the cursor everywhere you like in the calculation: It's like a note where
you can change anything you like in any place with the advantage, that changing numbers
or operators updates your calculation immediately!
CalcTape can be considered an "Excel Lite with a calculator interface".
You can also keep the calculation for your records (documents) and create templates:
Replacing the figures in your template and getting the correct results is a breeze.
Commenting figures and results gives sense to your calculations, so you can understand
what you did when viewing the calculation a month later.
Customize CalcTape to your needs and place only those buttons on your keypad that you really
need everyday. Create your own functions to e.g. add a specific percent rate with a tap on
a single button.
- Save your calculations into files
- Create own functions or text snippets to be entered when pressing a button (long press a button to enter the Button screen)
- Create own keypad layouts (change assignment of all buttons except numbers and backspace / change button sizes)
- Select between different keypad layouts (the "function keypad" contains no numbers and is nearly completely customizable)
to get more buttons or other functions, 2 keypads are directly accessible in the main screen
- Share your calculations using standard iOS sharing capabilities, e.g. email
- Sync your calculations with iPhone, iPad, Mac and PC using iCloud Drive.
- Calculate TAX, VAT and other percent values easily
- Use CalcTape for budget, accounting and expense tracking in the office and at home, everyday.
CalcTape, more than a calculator.
- Start a new calculation on the same sheet by simply tapping the "=" key twice.
- Do a long tap on a button to assign another existing function or to create a user function for it.
- If you accidentally hit "AC" you can use "Undo" to get your calculation back.
fixes an iOS13 related issue which prevented customization of Buttons
Ratings and Reviews
Great with a few problems
I love using this app, I basically use it as my bank register to keep track of finances. Overall it’s great! However, it shuts down which can be annoying, and I’m still not sure what button it is but I have accidentally deleted my entire calculation page with one button quite a few times which is also very annoying.
Highly efficient as a slideover companion
EDIT: If I add CalcTape as a slide over, or a new split screen, it just gives me a light blue empty box. The only way to use it is to start it in full screen and add another app in split screen. Slide over does not work at all. Split screen only works as started above and then only if it’s given a bigger chunk of the screen. It looks like the best calculator is not updated anymore. Take away two more stars. Please fix this???
Thought I had a great calculator until I found this one. Just finished filing taxes with TT, and having CalcTape in slideover mode is the perfect companion. Deductions especially require lots of totals. One tap easily places the most recent total onto the clipboard to carry it back to the tax app.
The multiple tapes can be saved to Dropbox with all the other documentation. They can be used as templates for next year as they are easy to edit. Usually use a simple spreadsheet but abandoned it this year.
Love the ability to start with a standard keyboard and customize it to have exactly what is needed. Three easily selectable keypads are better than one.
I have added CalcTape to my iPad essentials list.
EDIT: It's crashing frequently when used in slideover mode on iPad. I had to take away a star for this.
App def recommended. The only issue I’m Having is not able to write text. next to my numbers in iOS13. I wrote support few weeks ago and they said it would be fixed but so far no fix and I am not able to add text next to the numbers I input. I tend to use this app for budgeting. As of right now it is a fail. It’s no different then any Calc atm. Once they fix the text issue next to the values, then it’ll be 5 stars...I don’t fully understand why it doesn’t work atm or why they can’t implement an easy fix. Idk... 5 stars once I can add text...
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- schoettler Software GmbH
- 4.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 schoettler Software GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.