Calculator Plus is a standard and scientific calculator that has simplicity at its core, while not compromising on functionality. Even with its simple user interface inspired by the built-in Calculator app on iOS, it offers much, much more.
With full expression and live answer preview, be faster than ever at calculating, see exactly what you typed. Understand your answers by displaying them in exact form, scientific notation, fractions and more. Catch the exact errors with helpful syntax errors, with beautiful animations to complement your calculations. The full scientific calculator is also present in the portrait layout, so now you can calculate scientific operations away one-handed on your phones.
That's not all! If you're on a Mac, or have a hardware keyboard connected to your iPad or iPhone, simply type your math expressions normally and it will be registered - including every scientific operation listed. On an iPad, your Apple Pencil works with iPadOS 14's Scribble to allow for direct handwritten inputs - no dedicated handwriting panel, just write anywhere on the calculator!
Bonus features: With voice dictation input optimised to understand mathematical expressions, calculate any expression quickly and efficiently. Clipboard support not only allows you to copy your calculations for others to see, it also gives you the ability to instantly take any expression from anywhere and paste into the app.
Download Calculator Plus to experience it for yourself!
- Standard & Scientific Calculator
- Simple UI design puts focus on your calculations
- Live expression and answer display while typing
- Full scientific calculator also available in the portrait layout
- View long operations comfortably with scrollable calculation panels
- Satisfying clicks with haptic feedback on modern iPhones
- Multiple display formats: Exact Form, Scientific Notation, Fractions and more!
- Bi-directional clipboard: Copy & Paste any expression into and out of the app.
- Custom Scientific Typing Mode: Append, Substitute or a hybrid of both.
- Full Hardware Keyboard input (including scientific operations)
- Apple Pencil Scribble support on iPadOS
- iPadOS Split View Multitasking support
- Voice Dictation input support
- Useful Syntax Error hints
- Lightweight: only a few MB in size
- No ads, no tracking :)
If you have or find any problems, feel free to contact me under App Support within Calculator Plus.
Developer: Wern Jie
Calculator Plus is rebuilt from the ground up - bringing you version 2.0 with many new features. Check it out!
Version 2.0.1 provides some bug fixes and minor improvements to version 2.0:
- Reorganised the settings page to be easier to navigate.
- Added the ability to turn off sounds and haptics on iOS and iPadOS.
- Haptics are now disabled by default.
- Fixed an issue where the Display Mode and Trigonometry Mode indicators do not update on the Apple Watch.
Calculator Plus v2.0 changelog:
- Redesigned UI with an aesthetically pleasing design fitting for modern devices.
- Significantly improved user experience and ease of use.
- Now supports macOS and watchOS, in addition to iOS and iPadOS. Get it now on the Apple Watch and Mac App Store!
- Since the codebase is rewritten, most bugs in the previous version should be fixed.
- Scientific calculator layout now available in the portrait orientation (and on devices with screens 5.4" or larger, it is shown by default).
- Added support for implicit multiplication.
- Added support for decimal numbers without leading zero.
- New DEL key: intelligently deletes numbers digit by digit while deleting other operations and functions as a whole chunk.
- New display formats to toggle between (exact form, scientific notation, fractions and more).
- Changed the default display format to numerical approximation.
- Type your calculations on a physical keyboard - now fully supported (including scientific operations!)
- Scribble calculations within the app with your Apple Pencil and iPadOS 14.
- Input a math expression by speaking with Voice Dictation.
- Choose your preferred scientific typing style (append or subsitute, or a hybrid of both)
- Fixes a crash with memory operations when memory is empty.
- Fixes incorrect substitution when the previous value is a bracketed expression.
- Cube roots now handle negative numbers correctly.
- Syntax errors are now helpful, telling you exactly where you mistyped.
Do let me know if you encounter any issues. I'd be happy to help!
Ratings and Reviews
Small Download, no Ads
I just wanted a calculator that honestly should have already been sent with an iPad (considering all the bloatware I received but never asked for). This calculator works, it has no adds, and is very small in size. I think 8mb, but don’t quote me.
Thank you for taking the time to build this for people, you saved me some time and money. I figured it was the least I could do to rate it. Keep up the good work.
Developer Response ,
Glad you liked it! :)
- Wern Jie
Best calculator app for iPad
Was a bit shocked to realize there wasn’t a simple calculator app already preloaded and didn’t feel like I should buy an app either. This calculator is excellent! Simple, yet also has scientific calculator capabilities. You can have answers in decimals or fractions and no stupid ads... there should be a preloaded calculator on the iPad and this app should be that calculator. Hats off to the developer! Thanks for an awesomely designed app.
Honestly i was dumbfounded when i saw the iPad had no calculator. All these other apps have ads, but this one fits the bill. It gets the job done, no annoying pop-up ads, and small size. Exactly what i need, but i’d like the swipe right to backspace function like in the original apple calculator. Maybe next update add into it? Oh well, Beggars can’t be choosers, thank you nonetheless!!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Eng Tat Lim
- 928 KB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2021 Wern Jie Lim
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.