Welcome to FatSecret, the easiest to use calorie counter and most effective weight loss and dieting app on the market. Best of all, FatSecret is free.
The app is customized for US foods and brands.
Keep track of your food, exercise and weight, using the world's highest quality food and nutrition database and connect with a global community of people looking to make a change for the better and start losing weight and achieve your goals the healthy way.
The app is available on Apple Watch and supports terrific Complications for your watch faces.
The app is fully integrated with the Health app which lets you share your data with other Health connected apps. In particular you can:
- sync your Health app calories burned and steps in FatSecret
- add all your foods and their detailed nutritional information to the Health app
- sync your weight to the Health app
FatSecret is fast, simple to use and includes integration with external tools and services to help you succeed with your diet:
- An easy to use food diary to plan and keep track of what you're eating.
- A wonderful community that's ready to provide support and turbo charge your weight loss.
- Image recognition of foods, meals and products so you can take photos with the camera and track nutrition with pictures.
- A barcode scanner and auto-complete functions.
- Health app, and Fitbit exercise tracking integration.
- An exercise diary to record all the calories you burn.
- A diet calendar to see your calories consumed and burned.
- A weight tracker.
- Detailed reporting and goals for all your calories and macros.
- Photo album. #Photodiet #Foodsnap #Instacalorie
- A journal to record your progress.
- Reminders for meals, weigh-ins and journals.
- Notifications for support, comments and followers.
- Fantastic recipes and meal ideas.
- Sharing and interacting with your professional of choice.
- Sign in with Apple, Facebook and Google login.
The app syncs with FatSecret Professional, the most convenient way to share your food, exercise and weight with your preferred health professional. Your health professional will get free access to simple and powerful tools to monitor your performance and provide you with feedback, advice and support.
You can also sync your account online to access your info anywhere, any time.
Premium subscriptions are available for enhanced features to help you achieve your diet and weight management goals. Premium users get:
- Nutritional meal plans created by our dietitian specifically for different diet preferences and calorie goals (Keto Style, Balanced, Mediterranean, Intermittent Fasting, High Protein Low Carb)
- Advanced Meal Planning: plan ahead and know in advance how many calories each meal contains
- Custom Meal Headings: Six additional meal types that allow you to spread your food intake across multiple points in the day
- Water Tracking: so you can make sure you reach a daily water intake goal
If you choose to upgrade to FatSecret Premium, we offer a range of subscription options:
Payment will be charged through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription renews automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription period at the same price and subscription type you previously purchased.
Subscriptions can be managed through your iTunes account after purchase. It is not possible to refund or cancel a subscription during the period.
We hope you'll love Calorie Counter by FatSecret. We are constantly working to improve the app and welcome user feedback.
- Performance improvements
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
A good, simple tracker
It must be hard to find the right balance between simplicity and features when designing one of these apps. I think this one strikes that balance better than others. The free version includes all the features you need for the app to be useful. Premium has features that appear to have some real value (the meal plans look interesting), but I don’t get annoyed at what I can’t do without premium (I.e. the other app I formerly used recently made the barcode scanner a premium feature. That’s why I switched.) I love how it shows macros for the full day, by meal, and by item right there in the diary. I don’t have to open a separate report to see how I’m doing. I also don’t feel any pressure to buy premium, there’s not a lot of flashy adds or stuff to constantly try to draw you back to the app, like many apps do. While I haven’t bought premium, this level of polite suggestion is most likely to get me to try it at some point. I love that I open the app and it defaults to the diary tab, not the newsfeed. I find such social features to be toxic, so it’s great when they’re easy to ignore. Entering food is a bit clunky, but will get easier as I populate it with foods I eat the most. One feature I’d like (and have requested from other apps in the past) is a simple check box by each food item. It doesn’t even have to do anything, just a visual display. This way, I can pre-enter my meals and check items off as I actually eat them.
The app fits what I am looking for!
I’m lovin’ this app so far, just into it for a week. I was tracking most of my diet info in a spreadsheet prior and I really like the ease and availability of the food selections and their specs along with their crisp, easy to read presentation, nice Job! I switch between the web app while at my computer and I really like the graphs to see where I’m at. Just started to look through what’s offered in premium and I would definitely pay for these features as I finely tune my usage and become proficient with it, but honestly I think your sweet spot right now is between $2.99 and $3.99 per month. Bigger and more graphs on the mobile and web app would be great! Until people like myself get enough time to use and appreciate the app and assess its value, your higher price is a psychological hurdle, at least for me. I’ve learned to trust my gut in app purchases and the fact that I did not jump in immediately confirms that. I’ll certainly have more feedback as I get into it further. Overall, I think you guys are on the right track with a really nice app and I’m anxious to see what’s coming next!
Great way to track calorie intake
Moved to Fat Secret after another program I was using was discontinued. Really like it so far, except for how it keeps and organizes your eaten/entered foods. With my old program, I had to hand enter all my nutrition information, so when I saw I could simply scan the barcode with Fat Secret, I was stoked! Until the next day when I wanted to enter the item again. First issue: If you enter something for dinner, you have to be eating it at dinner again, or it is much harder to find in your recent foods (if it’s there at all…second issue). To get around this, I enter it at the same meal I ate it originally, however this is not accurate and can make it seems like I ate way to many calories in one sitting. Also, there’s no search function on your recent foods, so I have to scan the list to try to find what I want entered. All this could be solved by simply having a searchable “foods eaten” tab. And by foods eaten, I mean not just foods entered. In other words the tab would include anything I searched in the foods tab (and was found in Fat Secret database), and foods I scanned the label for (so I don’t have to keep scanning because I can’t find it), and lastly, foods I manually entered. This may seem like it would quickly become an exhaustive list, and it will. But being searchable, it would be very quick to find the food you want entered into your log.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Secret Industries Pty Ltd
- 60.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2022 FatSecret
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $6.49
- Quarterly Subscription $15.99
- Annual Subscription $38.99