“After playing with this app for a few days, I have a clearer picture of my finances than I’ve had in years!”
Take control of your finances with:
> Clear Forecasting: Benefit from a high-level overview of your finances and estimate upcoming changes like a new baby, a new house or retirement.
> Easy Budgeting: Cashculator is the simplest way to manage personal finance due to the familiar spreadsheet concept, easy budgeting by category, one-click “what-if” scenario comparisons and more.
> Cash Flow Tracking: Stop wondering where your money went and track spending with manual transactions.
> Privacy Protection: All your private financial information stays safe right on your Mac.
> Quick Data Entry: Create complex transactions in a matter of seconds using a familiar spreadsheet-style interface.
> Detailed Reports: View your income, expenses and balance with easy-to-understand graphs and tables.
> Keyboard Shortcuts: Fly through transactions with full keyboard support!
“An excellent tool that helped me to get out of a ton of debt pretty quick”
Fully localized into 12 languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Polish, Ukrainian, Chinese, Korean, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, and Russian.
* Cashculator separates plan and actual data, so you can see how your actual finances compare against the plan. If you only use it for planning, there’s no need to enter actual transactions.
* Presenting data using familiar spreadsheet concepts, Cashculator gives a quick overview of the state of your finances over time. Choose from monthly or weekly columns (or yearly for reports) and switch back and forth whenever you want.
* The Horizon control in the bottom-right of the window selects how far into the past and into the future the tables and report should display, relative to the current date. This will add or remove columns in the table as needed.
* The Reconcile screen compares your factual “real-life” balance (total balance in bank accounts + cash) v. the one in the application and, if needed, overrides the calculated total balance in the app with the factual balance (basing future calculations on more precise numbers). Alternatively, if precise tracking in Cashculator is desired, you can update transactions in Cashculator so that the factual and in-app balances reconcile.
* Multiple scenarios for each Cashculator document can be created (from scratch or by duplicating an existing scenario) to make minor changes and see how different plans compare.
The free version supports up to five income and five expenses categories. A fully unlocked version is available via subscription.
Made with love by Mac users for Mac users.
Introducing Cashculator's significant new update — more power to manage your personal finances. Here's what's new:
1. Data Import: Keep your financial picture clearer than ever! Now, import your CSV data from your bank, credit card, Amazon account, or any other financial resource. This major addition will streamline your tracking and analyzing in Cashculator, saving you time and ensuring more accurate insights.
2. Flexible Transaction Management: You asked, we listened! Our new update allows you to move or copy a transaction to a different category, offering you greater flexibility in organizing your finances.
3. Enhanced Accessibility: We've optimized our app for everyone. With our new zoom in feature, viewing your financial data becomes easier than ever, especially for users with low vision.
4. Customizable Themes: Personalize your Cashculator experience! Choose from our newly added color themes, including three that are specially crafted for those with color vision deficiency (CVD). You can also create your own custom color themes.
Beginning with this update, Cashculator moves to a subscription model. Try for free with up to 5 categories. When you’re ready to purchase and unlock unlimited categories, choose between a monthly or yearly subscription. Already purchased an earlier version? Thank you! You can continue to use the fully unlocked version of this and future updates.
Ratings and Reviews
Hard to justify a subscription model for this
I can see this as a one time purchase only. The reason for an annual or monthly fee seems poorly justified IMO.
Developer Response ,
Hi seenondv, the honest answer as to why is this subscription is that being able to more accurately anticipate and receive recurring revenue allows us to continue developing and supporting the product. A monthly or annual fee for a money management / cash flow forecasting tool one uses at least weekly did not seem unreasonable from our end, but of course we respect your opinion. — Susannah
Very strange, I did a whole bunch of work to input my cashflow and it refused to save. I even tried to make a copy. No go.
Developer Response ,
Hi marnbeam, can you please contact us at email@example.com so we can get this figured out? That definitely should not be happening, although the free (not trial) version does limit to five categories total, but if this was the issue, you should have seen an alert to this effect.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apparent Software Inc.
- 9.2 MB
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Apparent Software Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Access $5.99
- Yearly Access $49.99
- Unlimited transactions $49.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.