Chinese LS Touch is an App for learning chinese vocables. It combines a comprehensive chinese dictionary with a topnotch vocable trainer. The vocable trainer utilizes the unique touch interface to intuitively teach you how to draw the chinese characters by displaying strokeorder guidelines. But these are just sone of the many features helping you in learning chinese vocables.
- over 100.000 chinese vocables
- all vocables have Traditional & Simplified forms, Pīn Yīn & Zhu Yin readings and english translations
- many words have also german & french translation
- possibility to import your own translations for the vocables
- 7 default vocabulary sets (HSK 1 - 6 and all in one set)
- Voice Output (5000 most popular words by native speaker recordings, rest via TTS)
- possibility to create custom vocabulary sets within the program
- possibility to import your own custom vocabulary sets (of vocables in the programs database)
- Strokeorder guidelines for almost all chinese characters used in the dictionary (about 12.000)
- numerous ways to select the vocables you want to train:
- All vocables of the current set
- custom selection (vocables selected via browser)
- Range of vocables (e.g. vocable 40 till vocable 60)
- 6 Testtypes:
- Vocable --> Meaning
- Meaning --> Vocable
- Vocable --> Reading
- Reading --> Vocable
- Word --> missing Character
- Audio --> Meaning
- 2 Testmodes:
- Direct Input (drawing or keyboard)
- Multiple Choice
- list of all vocables in the current vocabulary set or all vocables of the program‘s database
- search for a specific vocably by translation, reading or the chinese word itself
- display details of a specific vocable
- select specific vocables for a custom selection you want to train
- Import your own custom vocabulary set (e.g. if you want to train only the vocables of lesson x of your textbook)
- Import your own translations for the vocables (e.g. if you learn by certain translation that differs from the default translation in the program or if the translation for your language is missing)
- Backup & Sync between devices via iCloud
- Learning with the Leitner system (SRS)
- Practice mode (for learning how to draw the chinese words/characters)
- User Interface fully localized in English, French and German
for more information/videos/screenshots/handbook:
If you find a bug in the software please send me an email [jan(a)asia-ls.com] with as many information as possible so I can try to reproduce and fix it:
- device & firmware
- what did you do step by step
- settings (current set, test mode, Leitner actice...)
- does it happen always/sometime/once
This app uses the CC-CEDICT (www.mdbg.net/), HanDeDict File (www.chdw.de) and CFDICT (www.chine-informations.com/chinois/open/CFDICT/) dictionary files and Icons form icon8 (https://icons8.com/license/)
- minor bugfixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Too expensive for what you get. $5 would be a better price. Good interface, very good content in terms of number of characters and organization, good testing stats. Minor irritant is that the application doesn't indicate when an error is made in a stroke. Major irritant, is errors in the character strokes and in stroke order. So far, I have found over 9% of the character strokes to be in the incorrect order or incorrect in quantity (2 strokes combined as one, or vice versa). Have also found inconsistencies - for example, a radical that is correct in strokes on one character and incorrect in strokes on the other. Developer doesn't seem interested in criticism or suggestions for changes.
Developer Response ,
Price was lowered with Version 3.0. Also Audio-Output was added for free.
If you find bugs or wrong strokeorders please contact me directly [jan(a)asia-ls.com]. I´ll then try to correct these to the next release.
Just what I was looking for.
This app is GREAT! I have been trying to learn Chinese for about 18 months on-and-off and I have spent hundreds of dollars on audio CDs and book. This app is a steal at the current price. For one, it has so many characters (over 5000) and they are organized to the HSK 1-6 which is really convenient. But the best part is the tests. You can test yourself in 5 different test formats to ensure that you really know the characters, can define the, and know which character is missing in a phrase. I wish that I had this app 18 months ago but at least I found it now. Cheers!
Super - the best!
I have used this app daily for two year, more than any other app I have bought for any reason. It is the best! I add my own character sets to follow along with the Heisig method and separate ones for my college class. It is my secret weapon for acing every vocab quiz we get. This app has paid for itself many times over. When I started learning Chinese I felt it would be a coup just to learn to read and listen. I never thought I would be able to WRITE Chinese. But now I am well on my way to doing that thanks to this app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.