Securely access your computer from your iOS device. It's fast and simple.
• On the computer you want to access remotely, open Chrome and visit the Chrome Remote Desktop website
• Follow the instructions to set up your computer for remote access
• On your iOS device, open the app, sign in with a Google account, and tap on any of your online computers to connect
Stability improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Great effort & easy to set up, but lacking basic features
This was a breeze to set up. I just followed the instructions and was able to remotely access my MacBook Air from my iPad within minutes. The only problem, however, is that the on-screen keyboard within the app as well as BT keyboard support is VERY limited. How limited, you ask? Well, the arrow keys don't work, so typing is kind of wonky and interrupted with frequent tapping to put the cursor where you want it. Pressing delete will work as a backspace, but pressing fn+delete does not work, neither do any other fn+ shortcuts. Other shortcuts like CMD+C or ctrl+C to copy/paste don't work either. Google, thanks for the free product, but please update keyboard support! Thanks.
I LOVE THE APP BUT THERE IS SOME THINGS THAT NEED TO BE ADDED ...
I have been using this app for a while now and it has been incredibly useful in so many situations but there is one thing that bugs me so much; The app needs is own custom Keyboard, a semi transparent, customizable keyboard. It bugs me quite a bit that they haven't thought to do it yet because it is nessessary! How is anyone supposed to use Esc or any of the other essential keys?! A 4 layer keyboard would be great, first layer has the letters, backspace, Shift/CapsLock, space bar, return/enter and the main punctuation marks ( like most regular keyboards); And again like most keyboards there would be a second and third layer of numbers and other symbols and then ANOTHER layer that has all the Esc, Ctrl, Shift, Windows, Tab, Print Screen, F1-F12 buttons among others. That would really bring it all together, and instead of having it integrated make it a custom Keyboard that you have to enable in settings and all that but have its option settings in the app.
I hope you would take this suggestion into consideration because it would be so helpful to most of not all users of the Chrome Remote Desktop app.
A loyal customer.
Works great! Suggestions!
Needless to say, this is a wonderful app to have, definitely more than 5 stars. I'm not on the go much and when I do end up on the go I either bring my laptop with me or have no use for it. But this app is still pretty fun to play around with. There are only a few things that I would say could be done with the app:
- Latency can be reduced. I have a feeling it is something to do with the app, because it will lag on my iPod while my laptop is running quite fine.
- Add mouse wheel, left click, and right click buttons off to the side when using the mouse. That would be a nice addition and add more functionality to the mouse.
- Fix the mouse sync. When I move the mouse on my iPod, it is in sync with my laptop, but when I move the mouse on my laptop, it does not sync with the mouse on my iPod.
- Add full screen support. I noticed that apps in full screen will not appear on my iPod.
- Earlier I said I like to toy around with it. It is pretty fun to play games on my laptop through my iPod. This goes along with the mouse sync part, but it would be nice if the mouse in the app would go to the center of the screen when playing games. It makes it a little hard to play games when, depending on where your mouse is, you constantly make a hard left. Oh well!
If you did these things, it would still be worth more than 5 stars! Keep up the good work, Google!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 58.4 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Amharic, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © Google Inc.