Real-time departures. Transit maps. Line status and real-time disruption alerts. Uber integration. Bike routing and live bike share info. Constant updates. Everything you need -- and may not even realize you need -- to manage your life in the city.
USA/CANADA: New York City, San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Baltimore, Seattle, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal.
ASIA: Singapore, Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo.
AUSTRALIA: Sydney, Melbourne.
EUROPE: London, Manchester, Birmingham, Paris, Lyon, Berlin, Hamburg, Brussels / Belgium, Amsterdam / Randstad, Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Rome, Lisbon, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Moscow, St Petersburg.
LATIN AMERICA: Mexico City, São Paulo.
EXPANDING: VOTE for your city and we'll add it citymapper.com/nextcity
"Citymapper is, quite simply, the best travel app to be introduced to New York City" - New York Times
"Now forget about Google Maps because Citymapper eats Google Maps for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.” - Tech in Asia
* Apple's 2014 and 2013 Apps of the Year
* Grand Prize Winner - MTA New York City App Quest 2013
* Best Overall Mobile App (Mobile World Congress Barcelona / GSMA 2014)
* Winner of Grand Prix, Best Transport Startup and Best Mobile Startup - 2015 Europas Awards
* Special Prize Winner - Tokyo Metro Competition 2015
THOUSANDS OF 5-STAR USER REVIEWS
* "Best app on my phone."
* "It’s reason alone to get an iPhone. It's that good."
* "I'm practically married to this app."
* "Don't know how I lived without it."
* "This app makes me warm inside."
* "The only true five star app."
* "Support for the SF Bay Area is particularly impressive because it aggregates all transit systems imaginable (BART, Caltrain, MUNI, VTA, etc.) into one seamless app."
* "Best app for getting directions and ride on the MTA New York City."
* "Life changing. This app really changes the way you travel."
* "This is my favorite transit app. Full-featured and a breeze to use. I really appreciate the Uber integration."
AVAILABLE CITIES & SERVICES IN THE US, SINGAPORE & HONG KONG
We use open data from transport agencies in the cities where we are live:
- New York City: MTA, MNR, LIRR, Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE), New Jersey Transit, NY Waterway Ferries, PATH, Citi Bikes
- San Francisco Bay Area: BART, MUNI, Caltrain, AC Transit, SamTrans, VTA, Golden Gate Transit, County Connection, Wheels, Union City Transit, Tri Delta Transit, WestCAT, Stanford Marguerite, Emery Go-Round, ACE, Capitol Corridor, Bay Area Bike Share, San Francisco Bay Ferry
- Los Angeles: Metro, Metrolink, Santa Monica Big Blue Bus (BBB), DASH / Commuter Express (LADOT)
- Chicago: CTA, 'L', METRA, PACE Bus, Divvy Bikes
- Boston: Massport, MBTA, Boston Commuter Rail, the 'T', Silver Line, Hubway Bike Share
- Washington DC: WMATA, DC Circulator, Metroway, Ride On (Montgomery County), ART (Arlington), DASH (Alexandria), Fairfax Connector, VRE, MARC Trains, MTA Commuter, Capital Bikeshare
- Philadelphia: SEPTA, PATCO, NJ Transit
- Singapore: LTA, SMRT, SBS
- Hong Kong: MTR, HK Tramways, Light Rail, Kowloon Motor Bus, Citybus, First Bus, First Ferry, Star Ferry, Discovery Bay Ferry & Bus, Park Island Ferry & Bus, Green Mini Bus
KEEP IN TOUCH
If you have questions or feedback, please email us at email@example.com
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/thecitymapper
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Citymapper
Visit our website: http://citymapper.com
Please note that the app requires data access and works best with GPS / location on. Also, continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Background GPS is only used when in ‘GO' navigation mode.
Choose your own adventure. Pick the departure of your choice and the whole trip will update.
Walking distance circles, map improvements and zoom powers.
Sign in with Apple.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Serving urban centers as diverse as London, Lyon, Boston, and Tokyo, Citymapper aims to make city travel as stress-free as possible. And, rather brilliantly, it manages it. Plugging in a desired destination (“home” and “work” can be saved, usefully) serves up every imaginable method of getting there, including a nice Uber sync-up. It also displays costs, live departure times, duration, and calories. Our favorite feature, however? The option to discover how long it’d take to get where you’re going by jetpack and teleportation. One day, Citymapper. One day.
Love this app and...
I’ve been using CityMapper for some time. It’s worked for me in my native Brooklyn and when I’ve traveled to Paris, and other cities in the US. I’m temporarily living in ATL and am sad I don’t have CityMapper there (I’m using Whiz). It’s my go-to travel app. Thanks for making it such a great product!
The main reason I’m not giving this app 5 stars is that the times are often much longer (sometimes 2x as long) as it takes to actually travel. For instance, it will say a stop 3 stops away takes 29 minutes no matter what time of day (not including wait time). It takes 10 (including walking time). I’m not sure if they are playing the airline game wherein they give you a longer time to that their “on time” date is higher, but I find it incredibly frustrating if I’m going somewhere else and I leave a lot of extra time and it takes half of it. I would love for CM to tweak their algorithm to be more accurate.
Not as efficient as Google Maps
At first I was excited to use this app. Visiting NYC for the first time was a great opportunity to try this out. I thought it would be great to navigate the subway system and occasionally the bus. It had useful features such as which cars to board for the subway and which station exits to use. Unfortunately, none of these features save you any time or walking. It displays too many route options, and they’re only sorted by how much time they take. The best routes with the least walking aren’t even shown. And if you follow the recommendations for which section to board or which station exit to use, you’ll end up walking even more. If I plug the same destination into Google Maps, it recommends the best route or quickest route, and it uses connections to save steps walking. The only time it came out ahead of google was find a route to JFK. Otherwise, not worth the download.
- Citymapper Limited
- 288.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 and watchOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Citymapper Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Citymapper CLUB $29.99
- Citymapper CLUB+ $99.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.