"There are plenty of solutions for recording the screen of your Mac, but Claquette stands out" Macworld Review.
Create stunning video tutorials or screencasts to reach your online audience in a more personal way. Use short videos to promote and sell your products or create animated GIFs to enhance your blog posts. Animated GIFs are also great for developers and designers to communicate issues in software projects or to create meaningful bug reports.
Additionally, Claquette can be integrated into your professional video editing workflow by purchasing the optional Pro Exporter Pack. This pack contains exporters for Apple’s Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5 and ProRes. The custom lossless recording codec guarantees high quality recordings and vibrant, color perfect exports. Visit our product page to learn more about all features.
• Lossless & color managed screen recording
• Record camera video & microphone input
• Fast, lossless compressor that utilizes all CPU cores
• Built-In player app to preview your recording
• Trim unwanted parts of the recording
• Crop the recording to only show relevant portions
• Camera video layer can be freely positioned
• Create an animated screenshot in Animated GIF or PNG format
• Create a movie file using one of the included presets
• Use sharing services to share your recording via Mail, AirDrop, Flickr or Vimeo
• Send a layered export to Final Cut Pro X or Motion 5 (available via In-App Purchase)
Supported Export Formats
• Animated GIF
• Animated PNG
• 480p (H.264 SD)
• 720p (H.264 HD)
• 1080p (H.264 HD)
• 2160p (H.264 UHD)
• iPod (H.264)
• Apple TV (H.264)
• ProRes (available via In-App Purchase)
• Final Cut Pro X (available via In-App Purchase)
• Motion 5 (available via In-App Purchase)
The Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5 and ProRes exporters are available via In-App Purchase.
To directly open & edit exported Final Cut Pro X and Motion 5 projects, those applications have to be installed on your Mac.
• Improves export performance
• Fixes disappearing mouse cursor during playback and export
• Fixes a rare cursor capture crash
• Fixes trim UI animations
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I can’t speak to the pro offerings in Claquette, only to its animated GIF export, but what it does with GIFs is phenomenal. Claquette produces what everyone wants in a GIF: high quality with small filesize. Several advanced options are provided when exporting, but I haven’t had the need to adjust much of anything — the export quality is fantastic “out of the box”. The one quibble I have is what other users have expressed here: no importing of existing movie/video content. I use multiple apps that can generate motion content, so it’s a bit frustrating to have to physically play the media on-screen to get it into Claquette. But even with the added hassle, the efficient output that Claquette provides makes the effort worthwhile. Highly recommended.
It was 2am...
...my launch email was scheduled to send in 4 hours. A bug with LICEcap was recording blackness. Screenflow's gif exports were $!@t no matter what settings I tried and online sources were saying frame-by-frame Photoshop rendering was the only way to get a truly crisp animated gif. It was dark, and all hope seemed lost. ...and then I found Claquette. Beautifully sharp, optimized gif with default settings, one shot! Best $10 ever. Thank you. Thank you.
Developer Response ,
Hi rsweetland, happy to hear that Claquette was helping you to create an animated GIF for your launch mail.
Thank you for your review!
with kind regards
I'll record my screen and click STOP RECORDING and the app becomes unresponsive. I just get a beachball when I hover over the icon in the menubar.
Developer Response ,
I am sorry for the problems you are experiencing with Claquette.
Can you please contact us via mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will try our best to help you to resolve the application hang.
with kind regards, Thomas
- Thomas Zoechling
- 8 MB
- Photo & Video
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Peakstep
- In-App Purchases
- Claquette Pro $39.99
- Claquette Upgrade $29.99
- Claquette Standard $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.