Claquette is the easy way to capture, edit and convert videos and GIFs on your Mac.
Crop and trim video files. Convert them to GIFs. Or create a new video by recording your screen and a connected camera.
Creating and editing videos becomes as easy as handling images - Working with video doesn't have to feel heavy.
• Record your Mac's screen, microphone and camera
• Visualize mouse clicks and drags
• Capture video and audio from iPhones or iPads connected to your Mac
• Import video or GIF files
• Crop your video to only show relevant portions
• Trim away unwanted sections from the start and end
• Resize videos by using built-in presets or by defining custom sizes
• Turn your videos into optimized animated GIFs or PNGs
• Make your videos smaller by converting them to the modern HEVC format
• Export your recordings to high-quality ProRes videos
• Use the share menu to distribute your content via Mail, Messages or any available sharing extension
• Send a layered export to Final Cut Pro X or Motion 5 (available via In-App Purchase)
Create compelling video tutorials or screencasts to reach your online audience in a more personal way. Use short videos to promote and sell your products or create animated GIFs to enhance your social media posts. Animated GIFs are also great for designers and developers to communicate issues in projects or to create meaningful bug reports.
Additionally, Claquette can be integrated into your professional video editing workflow by upgrading to Claquette Pro. This unlocks exporters for Apple’s Final Cut Pro X and Motion 5. Visit our product page to learn more about all features.
• Improves rendering of the playback slider in Dark Mode
• Improves animation export performance
• Improves error handling of malformed recordings
• Fixes a crash when loading custom export presets
• Fixes a crash in the Audio/Video preference pane
Ratings and Reviews
Best in its class
Do yourself a favor an grab a copy of this. I was using Licecap before and tried a bunch of different capture tools. Not only Claquette produces artifact free and highly compressed videos/GIFs, it also has this visual indicator for people to see where you clicked.
From my side I always end up trimming and cropping videos to focus on just what I want, and if there is any improvement I would give as feedback to the devs are to have a mode where you can select the area to capture to avoid the crop step in the end.
I can’t speak to the pro offerings in Claquette, only to its animated GIF export, but what it does with GIFs is phenomenal. Claquette produces what everyone wants in a GIF: high quality with small filesize. Several advanced options are provided when exporting, but I haven’t had the need to adjust much of anything — the export quality is fantastic “out of the box”. The one quibble I have is what other users have expressed here: no importing of existing movie/video content. I use multiple apps that can generate motion content, so it’s a bit frustrating to have to physically play the media on-screen to get it into Claquette. But even with the added hassle, the efficient output that Claquette provides makes the effort worthwhile. Highly recommended.
Great app. The gentlemen forming this app takes the time to respond and help with any problems. He allowed a beta use and helped with that as well.
However I have an issue that has arisen. Recording a project with a tb of internal space. Claquette drops the recording stating I dont have enough space. I dont know why this happenes when I have as I said 1TB of space, 620 gb of free space. It happened several times already.
Developer Response ,
Updated Response: Claquette periodically checks for free disk space to ensure to not completely fill up your disk. Since version 2.2 it's also possible to define a storage location that is used during recording. Please contact us via the "Help" -> "Request Support" menu item in the app and we'll do our best to find out what's causing the recording stops.
Thank you for the review and your kind words!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Thomas Zoechling
- 7.5 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Peakstep
- In-App Purchases
- Claquette Standard $14.99
- Claquette Pro $39.99
- Claquette Upgrade $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.