Ever wanted to temporarily keep your Mac from starting its screen saver or going to sleep? Sure, you could change your Energy Saver settings, but isn't there a more convenient way? Well, now there is!
Coffee Buzz is the easiest and safest display-sleep preventer available. With simple operation and exclusive Safety Auto-Shutoff feature, keeping your Mac awake (and letting it sleep again) is now as simple as a click!
• Three easy-to-use settings:
◦ Buzz mode: blocks all system and display sleep, and prevents the display from dimming
◦ Doze mode: allows the display to sleep, but macOS stays responsive and active in the background
◦ Off: provides a convenient way to disable sleep effects without having to quit and reopen Coffee Buzz
• Control from the status bar, two convenient sizes of app window, or the Dock icon
• Timer with multiple convenient presets and custom settings
• Set rules to automatically control Coffee Buzz:
◦ At startup
◦ When you connect or disconnect the power adapter (on a portable Mac)
◦ When the low-battery warning appears (on a portable Mac)
◦ Based on the other apps you use
• Exclusive Safety Auto-Shutoff rule designed to reduce the chance of accidental display damage or burn-in. While not intended to be a substitute for responsibility and careful use, Safety Auto-Shutoff can keep a mistake from turning into an expensive headache.
Note: This app cannot prevent your Mac from sleeping if you use the Sleep menu command or close the screen on a portable Mac. This used to be possible years ago, but macOS no longer allows applications of any type to block the user's direct commands to enter sleep.
Comments, questions, and feedback are always welcome. Please visit Coffee Buzz Support using the links on this page for more information.
Say hello to the biggest update of Coffee Buzz ever! Version 2.0 features tons of small quality-of-life upgrades and several new major features, including:
• Configuring Coffee Buzz to open at login is now as simple as a click.
• The window can transform into an all-new Mini Window that floats above other windows on your desktop.
• You can now watch the timer right in the status bar icon. (requires macOS Mojave or higher)
• The last three timers you started are now saved for quick access.
• The Rules feature has been completely reworked:
◦ Create as many rules of a kind as you like, and remove ones you don't need.
◦ You can now set rules to start a timer if you don't want an immediate response.
◦ All existing categories are still available, and a new category has been added: Other App.
◦ Don't worry, your existing settings will be seamlessly migrated.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Essential when doing lectures with slide shows
Coffee Buzz is definitely one of those apps where, once I started using it, I can’t live without it. I use my Mac with a projector all the time when teaching, and with Coffee Buzz, I never have to worry about my display falling asleep when I’m in the middle of referencing an image on the screen. It’s simple, easy to use, and brilliant!
easy to use, just enough settings
I love that it is smart enough to no drain my batter when it gets below a certain percentage and power is not connected. That’s what makes it better than other similar apps.
Wish it had a countdown in the status bar.
I used to use the Sleep Timer App, but it isn't supported by Catalina it seems, so I had to switch. While this is very similar, seeing the countdown is a feature I miss. I know there is one if you pick the app window option, but I wish it showed a countdown in the status bar too.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.