Coinbase Wallet is your key to what’s next in crypto. Coinbase Wallet is a self-custody, mobile crypto wallet and web3 dapp browser that lets you take control of your crypto, NFTs, DeFi activity, and digital assets.
The all-new Coinbase Wallet mobile app is the easiest and safest way to buy NFTs, earn yield on crypto with staking or decentralized finance (DeFi), and access thousands of decentralized applications (dapps). Web3 is more accessible and user-friendly than ever!
Wallet also makes it easy for you to securely store, send and receive Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Solana (SOL), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Ether Classic (ETC), Litecoin (LTC), and hundreds of thousands of altcoins, including ERC20 tokens. Store digital assets in a secure, private wallet. You remain in control of your private keys, which are stored on your device using Secure Element technology. Because Coinbase Wallet is a self-custody crypto wallet, Coinbase never has access to your funds. You are in total control.
Why use Coinbase Wallet for your web3 browser and crypto self-custody wallet?
• Trade, swap, stake, lend and borrow to your heart’s content. Wallet has support for hundreds of thousands of tokens
• Best-in-class multi-chain wallet with support for Ethereum, Solana, and all Ethereum-compatible chains including Avalanche, Polygon, BNB Chain, Optimism and more. Transact on L1s, L2s, and everything in between
• Available in 25 languages and >170 countries around the globe
• Awarded Best Crypto Wallet for Beginners by Money.com, Mashable, and CNET
Welcome to the world of crypto
• Coinbase Wallet is your gateway to collecting NFTs, earning yield with DeFi, joining a DAO, and much more
• Coinbase Wallet is available in 25 languages, so you can say “hello” to web3 in your preferred language
Take control of your crypto
• Coinbase Wallet puts you in control of your crypto, keys and data
• Crypto and NFTs safely stored in one place
• View real time price charts for assets in your wallet, in your local currency
• Sign messages cryptographically with your private key
Support for hundreds of thousands of tokens and a whole world of dapps
• Access an ever-growing list of tokens and decentralized apps
• Securely store, send and receive Bitcoin (BTC) and Ether (ETH), as well as other popular assets like Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Ether Classic (ETC), Litecoin (LTC), Shiba Inu (SHIB) and all ERC-20 tokens
• Any NFTs (ERC721 collectibles) that you own are automatically added to your wallet
• Coinbase Wallet keeps your crypto and data safe so you can explore the decentralized web with confidence
• You remain in control of your private keys, which are stored only on your device using Secure Element technology
• Support for cloud backups of your recovery phrase help you avoid losing your assets if you lose your device or misplace your recovery phrase
Easily go from cash to crypto
• Coinbase Pay lets you fund your wallet from fiat with ease
• Optional ability to seamlessly link your wallet to a Coinbase account to access everything that Coinbase has to offer
Do more with your crypto
• Buy: Buy cryptocurrencies from Coinbase, the world’s most trusted cryptocurrency exchange
• Transfer: Transfer your crypto held in other exchanges or wallets to your new self-custody wallet
• Send: Send cryptocurrency payments to anyone, anywhere in the world
• Receive: Get cryptocurrency as payment from other users right to your virtual wallet
• Trade: Convert your crypto with decentralized exchanges (DEXes)
• Hold: Lend crypto with decentralized finance (DeFi) and earn interest*
It’s our mission to bring the power of cryptocurrency and decentralized applications to as many people as possible.
*Returns aren’t guaranteed. While loans are backed by collateral, there are still risks.
For feedback and assistance, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find us on Twitter: @CoinbaseWallet
Welcome to the new Coinbase Wallet! We’ve been hard at work completely redesigning the Wallet app to be more intuitive, visually-compelling, and full of great new features.
Here’s what’s new in our app:
- Real time price charts for thousands of cryptocurrencies
- New and improved web3 browser with tabbed browsing, bookmarks, and recent history
- We now support Avalanche and BNB Chain for swaps in addition to Ethereum and Polygon
- All-new NFT details pages give you key details about your NFTs, including attributes, right in the app
The app also features an all-new design that includes some major visual improvements
- Dark mode
- Personalized theme colors that let you make your wallet your own
- Hide your crypto balances for greater privacy
For our developer friends, this is a large technical change as well. Our new app:
- Is entirely based in React Native
- Shares a codebase with our Chrome extension
- Will update seamlessly, no need to re-login
We also fixed a ton of bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been using the wallet about a month now and I haven’t really had a problem. I haven’t found a way to “cash out” or send funds directly to my bank acct from the wallet but I don’t think that’s what it or the exchange was designed for. Remember this is a crypto wallet, so naturally the devs want your funds to remain crypto.
I’ve seen a lot of reviews that mention problems with transferring funds, non existent recovery phrases, and disappeared coins. I haven’t lost any coins but I did get an insufficient balance message after I tried to move funds from the Coinbase exchange to my wallet once. I had enough to cover the fee and was a little worried after reading the error but I waited for the confirmation email you get when whatever coin you buy on the exchange is available, then I tried the transfer again and it worked no problem. I suggest familiarizing yourself with the wallet and the exchange before you add funds to either. Review your recovery phrase and save it to the cloud, write it down, or commit it to memory. Familiarize yourself with the associated fees because they can add up quickly when converting, buying, or selling if you aren’t careful. Lastly, transfers to and from your wallet are not always instantaneous, but they are much faster and cheaper than traditional methods of sending and receiving funds.
I would recommend live support phone or chat with someone to communicate with. Would also recommend a bit more information on the process of all the possible transactions. This isn’t the pro app so more info and easier to access. Robo support has hard time clarifying the issue. I would recommend the app , it really is good. I’m trying not to mix up the app review with the coinbase support. Coinbase should definitely have customer service for us with the amount of revenue they generate. It would be cost effective because they would not loose customers do to inadequate support for the volume that they have to handle, we all are new at some level with crypto trades and if I lost all my coin for lack of information I would be outraged. Public traded company and I have an investment with the company as well as a account. Market share is going to be critical on the months to come and I don’t want the company to loose traction with all crypto trade sites popping . Keep striving for more of the market share it be harder to get it later. So put the work in now guys and we will reap the dividends for years to come. Your success is my success!!!! Carpe Diem.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, this isn’t our ideal support experience and we hear your frustration. We’re currently experiencing a high number of inquiries, but we'll respond to your inquiry as soon as we can. Please reply back to the email we’ve sent you if you have any other issues.
Eats eth every chance it gets
I’m no noob when it comes to defi but I thought I might enjoy trying out Coinbase wallet for investing. What a mistake I converted some eth to Susd to invest and then tried to use the app to lend. Which I’ve done successfully using other wallets and other scenarios, but I wanted to use the mobile app to do it this time. Well it ate my eth three times. I got canned answers from support and chat would not resolve it either. I keep being told that it is an issue with miner fees and i can adjust that. Well no you can’t. There is no place in the wallet app for iPhone where you can adjust the miners fees.. either you have enough for gas or you don’t. This is an issue with the app and Not an issue with anything else. If i had the option to choose higher fees to feed the transaction I would have done so but it doesn’t exist. I keep going round and round with support that gives the same answers that is not correct..
I’ve explained in full detail what the user experience is and I get the same answer .. which is not available to do… again I’m no stranger to how this is supposed to work and it doesn’t work properly and they are more interested in explaining rather than fixing. I want my fees back because Coinbase wallet sets you up for a failed transaction.. then tries to say you didn’t do it correctly.. I’d rather just use another app instead
Developer Response ,
Hi Jdhdhde, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We hope you revisit our app in the near future as we’re always working to improve our product experience.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Coinbase Wallet
- 69.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2019 Coinbase Wallet