Whether you're just starting to learn Spanish or want to extend your knowledge of the language, the Collins Spanish Dictionary is the ideal book to help you understand and communicate. It contains over 80,000 words, phrases and translations, including references of contemporary language in the realm of current affairs, business, computing and tourism.
You'll find comprehensive and up-to-date coverage of all words and phrases you need, with the Spanish definitions updated to the new spelling reform. There's also an in-depth treatment of difficult words alongside cultural notes that provide insight into the life in Spanish-speaking countries in Latin America, Europe, and globally.
LATEST APP UPDАТES:
• Learn in style with any of the four colorful new themes – The colorful layout will turn your learning experience into an enjoyable routine. Customize your dictionary and benefit from the cheerful mood your favorite color brings you.
• Dive right into the intricacies of the language - With new and convenient Home page, sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches, you can get to the desired entry faster than ever.
SEARCH TOOLS - quickly find words with the clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience, the dictionary combines several search tools to match or predict what are you looking for, including:
• Search autocomplete helps you find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases.
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds.
• Voice search helps you find an entry when you don’t know how a word is spelled.
Looking for a specific word but don't know how it's spelled? We've got you covered with our automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary. Designed to give you freedom to structure your studies, the dictionary combines several learning tools to help you be more organized, including:
• ‘Favorites’ that allow you to create custom folders with lists of words.
• Recent list which helps you to easily review looked-up words.
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
• Word-of-the-day option to teach you a new word every day.
Feel excited by the new word or definition you just learned? Share your discovery with friends on social media, email or any other option available on your device.
• Four new colorful themes.
• Delete and sort entries with Favorites/Recent list.
• General bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Just what I need
The Best Spanish dictionary on the app market. This is no lite weight dictionary. This has Full depth. I looked up one word, and got 4 different meanings. Thank you very much.
REMOVE RATINGS/REVIEW PROMPT
Please remove annoying review prompt. We've purchased app. Make this something we can turn off in settings.
We should not be 'annoyed into' writing reviews!
Nice, but not what I wanted
I initially thought that this dictionary would be fine, but the more I use it, the more I am disappointed. Many common day words are not available in Spanish, i.e. if you're reading a Spanish newspaper or book and look up a word, e.g. sudario. If you look for that, it won't find it. However, if you look for the Spanish word for shroud in English, it will give you the Spanish word, sudario. As I said, many examples of this non-cross referencing, which is bothersome.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.