Command Line Program is a command line program for iOS.
It is not a shell, but a collection of various commands using the greatest UI of all time: the command-line interface.
Use cases to use commands of Command Line Program come from the need that is right now.
- Get local weather.
- Check latest tweets using "tweet" command and tweet latest Astronomy Picture of the Day.
- What is my latitude and longitude right now: use "location" command and there it is.
- Are there cafes nearby: use command "location nearby cafe".
- What is my device's IP address: use "network" command.
- What is the ASCII code of '+': use "ascii" command.
- What was the Astronomy Picture of the Day of Christmas Eve 2012: use "apod" command.
- View latest RSS items of your favourite feeds.
- Get inspiration for the moment from proverbs all over the world.
- And so on and so forth...
Depending on new needs, user wishes or some other trigger, new commands will be implemented.
Over a dozen commands are implemented, including:
- apod, Astronomy Picture of the Day by NASA.
- wttr weather info from wttr.in.
- quakes, list latest earthquakes
- ascii, ASCII and extended ASCII, chars 0 - 255.
- cowsay, Cow says.
- curl, Get URL content (text/plain & application/json).
- httpheaders, Retrieve and list HTTP headers.
- location, Current location.
- network, Device network info.
- quakes, Show latest earthquakes.
- proverb, Collection of proverbs around the globe (over 40,000).
- pwd, Generate random passwords.
- quote, Collection of various quotes (over 150,000).
- roman, Roman numeral converter and calculator.
- rss, Read RSS feeds.
- sun, Sunrise/sunset time in current location.
- tweet, Send and search tweets.
- uname, Generate random usernames.
Some features require purchase of Premium features. Premium features are purchase using command "Premium purchase". Command "Premium info" gives more information about Premium features.
- Added wttr-command for weather, uses wttr.in.
- Landscape (finally...).
- iOS 12.
- Lots of internal updates.
Ratings and Reviews
Even if in the updated version: it says that landscape is now available: it does not work under IOS13: very unfortunate otherwiseit would be agreat program and I would sign up for the premium version.
Neat app, needs landscape mode on iPad
This app would easily score 4-5 stars, if it had a landscape mode on the iPad, it’s a pain to take it out of the case to use the keyboard.
- Sami Salkosuo
- 74.7 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2016, 2019 Sami Salkosuo
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Features $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.