The ultimate ear training app for musicians. Develop your relative pitch to the full by improving your aural skills and your music theory knowledge. This will better many aspects of your life as a musician, be it regarding improvisation, composition, arrangement, interpretation, singing, or playing in a band. Designed like a video game and with strong pedagogical concepts in mind, this app will make you truly master each interval, chord, scale, etc. before taking you to the next one.
• 150+ progressive drills arranged over 4 levels / 28 chapters
• 11 drill types, 24 intervals, 36 chord types, chord inversions, 28 scale types, melodic dictations, chord progressions
• Easy mode: 50+ progressive drills arranged over 12 chapters especially designed for beginners
• Play a selection of 21 drills in arcade mode
• 5 octaves of actual recorded grand piano sounds
• 7 additional sound banks are available, all with actual recorded sounds: vintage piano, Rhodes piano, electric guitar, harpsichord, concert harp, strings and pizzicato strings
• In each chapter, a theory card will introduce you to the concepts you will need to know
• No need to know how to read music on a staff
• Designed like a video game: earn 3 stars in each drill of a chapter to unlock the next one. Or will you be able to obtain perfect 5-star scores?
• Don't want to follow the preestablished path of progression? Create and save your own custom drills and rehearse them at your own convenience
• Create full custom training programs and invite friends or students to join them. If for example you're a teacher you can create custom programs for your students, add drills every week and view their scores on private leaderboards
• Never lose any progress: cloud sync across your various devices
• Apple Game Center: 25 achievements to unlock
• Apple Game Center: worldwide leaderboards (global, per level, per chapter, easy mode, arcade mode)
• Global statistics to track your progress
• Nice and clean material design user interface with 2 display themes: light and dark
• Designed by a musician and music teacher with a Royal Conservatory master's degree
• Download the app and try out the first chapter of each mode for free
• One-time in-app purchase of $4.99 to unlock the full version on all your Apple devices
Having a problem? Got a suggestion? You can reach us at email@example.com
Optimisations and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Not enough time
This is the best ear training app I have found. It has flexibility and great sound quality. The only problem for me is I did extremely well with the first steps
I mastered them right away. When I got to harmonic chords I hit a wall. I have been stuck for 6 months working on it several times a week. The requirement of 4 seconds for each chord is too short. Could you make an adjustment to 6 seconds? Thanks.
I changed my review to 5 stars. It is very challenging and most useful. Thanks, Stephanie. Any plans to add chord progressions?
Developer Response ,
Hello and thank you for your review. You should try to hear a chord as a whole, try to recognize its color. 4 seconds is really enough for this. Maybe be sure to use a headset though! If you're above 4 seconds, it means you're not totally there yet, just be patient. But if you don't want to, just use the "free progression" option in the settings. Even if we would agree on this, we couldn't change it without invalidating hundred of thousands of scores both local and on the online iOS and Android leaderboards. That would be a huge problem. Fortunately, we don't want to! :) Best, Stéphane. UPDATE: thank you! Chord progressions are in level 3 (they are called "Chord and degrees"). You can practice them by enabling "free progression" and going to level 3, in Arcade mode, or by making a custom drill. Hope it helps, best, Stéphane.
Best app out there!!!!
Been using this app on and off for years now and my ear has gotten to the point where i can hold my own in sessions with other guys that got their training at a college.
this app does not bother you with annoying notifications to tell you to practice, if you're not motivated then this app doesn't sugar coat it. It take lots of practice And it's not gonna make you a good musician but it has the tools to give you an amazing ear.
Amazing App for Aural Skill Classes
This app will help you tremendously in Aural Skill classes. You can constantly practice ear training whenever you want to! Many features as well. The apps price is so low and it’s worth buying overall, whether as a beginner or professional musician. It allows for you to build your listening skills at your own pace, plus you can create personalized practice exercises. Music majors, get this app.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Binary Guilt
- 51.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © Binary Guilt Software
- In-App Purchases
- Full Version $4.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.