Cora helps fabric lovers stay organized and sew their stashes.
With Cora, whether you’re out and about shopping for patterns or planning a project in bed, your fabric stash is always with you. Sort and search to sew up treasures you already have.
Add up to 5 fabrics for free before you upgrade!
FABRIC PICTURES, FRONT AND CENTER
- Take pictures from within the app or pick ones from your library.
- See a big picture of each fabric at a glance in the stash view.
- Browse even more fabrics at once by tapping the grid icon.
- Quickly jump to a zoomable picture by holding your finger down on a fabric.
THE INFORMATION YOU NEED
- Add basic information first and fill in the rest later: all fields are optional.
- Set metric or imperial units as default but override them as needed.
- Use completion suggestions on text fields to ensure consistent wording.
- Write searchable notes with any extra information you want!
FIND THE PERFECT FABRIC
- Filter by color or length to only see fabrics that work for your project.
- Sort by price paid to find cheap fabrics for testing a new pattern.
- Search by that designer you’re crushing on right now.
- Lots more sort, filter and search combinations!
BY A SEWIST FOR SEWISTS
Designed to be the fastest and easiest way to sew your stash.
Thanks to those in the sewing community who gave early feedback.
NOTE: backups are done through Apple's infrastructure. Please make sure your phone is backed up periodically to avoid data loss. Additionally, Cora does NOT currently sync your stash across devices.
Have a feature request or question? I’d love to hear from you!
GET IN TOUCH
Thanks to everyone who has reported bugs, suggested features, beta tested, and generally been amazing users!
- Use full screen on devices with notches
- Export to PDF now goes to any destination instead of only email
- Export to CSV to any destination
- Width filter
- German translations thanks to user Beate <3
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Well-designed app - a few tweaks would make it even better
I really like how this app is laid out. There are two ways to view your fabric, both of which are aesthetically pleasing and easy to navigate. The fabric organization categories suit my needs. The best part of this app is being able to filter fabric by type, length, weight, and whether it has been prewashed. It is also nice to be able to see a summary - by number of pieces, yardage and type -of just how giant your stash is (mine was larger than anticipated!).
That said, there are a few improvements that would make this app even better:
-Allowing fractions when entering yardage. Yes, I am able to enter 1 1/3 yds as 1.33, but since fabric requirements (at least in the US) are always listed in fractions, not decimals, this would be a nice option.
-Adding "width" as a filter option.
-Allowing multiple filters. Right now, if I need at least 3 yards of a knit fabric, I have to filter on "knits" and scroll through all of the yardage, or filter on "length" and scroll through both knits and wovens. Multiple filters would allow me to zero in on a fabric more quickly and would be of great help to people with giant stashes.
Overall, this is a very useful organizing tool for managing your fabric stash.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for the great suggestions, I really appreciate them and agree those would all be great to have! I have added them to my running feature wishlist.
The Best App for my stash
I have been using Cora for a year, and have told many others about it. It has been a breeze to get my large stash uploaded into it AND to maintain it as I move fabrics, use fabrics, and buy new fabrics. It is just easy to snap a pic & put in a few words, click the right boxes, done. The ease of maintaining is paramount, as something too difficult to update would be soon useless as a reference (maintenance is often my issue with organizing *anything*).
For me, spending $1 for an app seems “too expensive” so I initially balked at Cora’s price—but I have not looked back. Well worth it.
As others have said, multi-sort and the ability to input a few of my own color categories (eg neutral or primary) would be nice updates. And also, my display stopped looking so lovely at some point (maybe with one of the iOS updates?), so now I have to “edit” a fabric in order to see all the comments I wrote. But these are not enough to drop my review from 5 stars to 4: I just love this app!
Simple and precisely what I need
I'm still a bit new to sewing, but my fabric stash is growing to the point where I need to organize it somehow. I'm someone who needs to see what they have, not hide it away; and I know that if a system is too complicated, I will procrastinate using it, rendering it pointless. This app is perfect for me because I have a photo record of my fabric with useful info such as content and yardage. At the same time, it is user friendly, not loaded up with fancy but unnecessary features. I often find that useful apps get ruined as developers try to outdo themselves. Having the app on my iPhone is nearly as good as having my stash right at my fingertips.
And the support is excellent. While simple to use, I had a minor glitch with purchasing the full version. This was an App Store issue, but the developer still responded very quickly and got back to me with suggestions for dealing with my problem. You can't ask for better than that.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Algona Studios LLC
- 41.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Algona Studios LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Fabric Upgrade $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.