Gapplin is an SVG image viewer/converter.
This application has features especially for designers, who treat SVG images in their works. It's the perfect way to use Gapplin as a live-previewer for SVG images besides editing them in your text editor. You can also process multiple SVG files using AppleScript or bundled Automator actions. In any case, you can, of course, use this as just a simple viewer.
■ Key Features
- SVGZ preview
- animation SVG preview
- export to PNG/TIFF/PDF with alpha channel
- WebKit rendering engine
- background color switch
- Quick Look support for SVG/SVGZ files
- AppleScript/Automator support
- open displayed SVG files in your favorite editor
- Support macOS 11 Big Sur and macOS 12 Monterey and change the minimum system version requirement to macOS 11.
- Support Apple Silicon.
- Update the application icon.
- Update the document icons for SVG(Z) images.
- Update toolbar.
- Now SVG images can be copied to the clipboard as a vector image.
- Now Quick Look can preview animated SVG.
- Print the image by applying the states in the viewer.
- Deprecate the feature to customize the backgroud color of canvas.
- Fix an issue that a wide status bar expanded the window size.
- Fix the icon of the menu representation of the outline toolbar item.
Ratings and Reviews
Great for conversion of svg to pdf
Gapplin has been great for the task of coverting .svg files to .pdfs. I set up an automator action on a folder to auto-convert .svg files that appear to .pdfs, and it was fantastic. Unfortunately, when the latest version of the software added support for time-based extraction, the ability to use automator with the app seemed to break. I'm still giving this 5 stars because it has saved me tons of time doing manual coversions. I hope a fix will available for this in a later version.
Great little app
Works great as a previewer! I use it to automatically display my result, as I edit my svg files manually in my faviorite text editor. As soon as I save my file, Gapplin will update the preview. Export also works great for me, although I don’t use it much as I prefer my files in the original svg format.
Works OK, but ....
I only installed this because it didn't occur to me to try the graphics file previewer built into Finder, which is simpler to use. Web browsers can also render SVG (obviously!) but tend to leave out the page boundary.
There's a text editor, which I don't see much use for. Also a simple format converter, which could be very useful if you don't want to bother with advanced SVG tools. Really the only reason to use this app.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Mineko IMANISHI
- 2.6 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, German, Japanese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2022 1024jp