Collaborative music app
"Cotracks is a brilliant concept and, on the whole, has been beautifully realised by Futucraft." - MusicAppBlog.com
"Cotracks is a great platform for creation that has hit upon a clever collaborative setup." - Apps Magazine
"A new approach to collaboration" - PalmSounds.net
Cotracks is a collaborative music studio for teamwork on a single iPad. With Cotracks you can create multiple layers of loops and phrases using multiple instruments. Cotracks is designed to maintain your creative flow and is always ready to capture your ideas, regardless whether you are flying solo or collaborating with others.
It's like playing with a band, but this time you can record and play back your own parts, in perfect sync with others, and create the constituents for a great track at the same time. With Cotracks the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
• up to 12 instrument tracks
• beat synchronized playback and recording
• comfortable access for multiple users
• dedicated interface modes for single user, two users and four users
• switch between interface modes with a single tap
• independent playback control constantly available for each instrument
• repeater lets you play and record complex beat synced rhythmic textures
• XY-modulation control
• nondestructive quantize, transpose and swing
• change the playback scale of recorded sequences
• drag and drop copying of sequences between instruments
• polyphonic synthesizer with dozens of high quality instrument presets
• monophonic bass/lead synthesizer with dozens of high quality instrument presets
• sample player with a library of professional quality samples from Inspire Audio
• programmable XY-modulation
• band-limited oscillators to ensure professional grade sound quality
• stereo delay
• stereo phaser
• 2 equalizer units
• dedicated units for each track
• Audiobus support
• export each instrument to separate audio clip
• export all in one audio mixdown clip
• on-screen help and tips
• online support integrated in app
• video tutorials
Fixed audio interruption handling
Ratings and Reviews
Fun and useful
Great fun when collaborating with others or playing solo. Very well thought out with features and functionality.
Great Features but lacking ACP and AudioBus
This is really fun to use, well thought out, with great tutorials and user guide. Allows novice musicians to get a handle on beat making and rhythm with this easy to use looper. I love how easy it is to re-record a mistake … and add up to 3 instruments per "track" as a way of overdubbing without losing your first recording(s). Actually there are many things I love about this app and just a couple things I don't like … 1. No AudioBus and 2. No Audio/Copy/Paste. This would be so much more useful if the mixdown could be copied instead of going into iTunes File Sharing … very few want to have to connect to their computer to retrieve a recording to use in their iOS daw. A mobile app should stay mobile. Add ACP or AudioBus and I'll add the missing star :)
Legit music app
This app has proven to be a real winner. Once you take some time, utilize the in-app help options, and play around a bit, you'll see that this app has some serious depth.
Lots of options for tweaking sounds, a multitude of instruments to use, and a very cool interface. The co-op feature looks great, however I have not used it yet.
Give this one a serious look.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Futucraft Oy
- 49.8 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Futucraft Ltd
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.