Make something fun or functional in 15 minutes or less with this companion app for Cricut Joy smart cutting machines. Think simple, single-material DIY projects like cards, labels, stickers & iron-on transfers. No learning curve – just jump in and start making!
Bust out the perfect card in minutes. Browse by occasion and make it special with the Cricut Insert Card materials of your choice. Mix & match for stunning designs.
Create pro-looking labels in just a few taps – just choose size, shape, style, font & color in the guided design experience. Or design, cut & apply a custom sticker in minutes.
Note: This app only works with Cricut Joy machines. To create more complex projects or to work with unconventional materials, see full-featured Cricut Design Space app.
New to Cricut? Welcome! To use this companion Cricut Joy app, first activate your new machine at cricut.com/setup.
Existing members with a Cricut Explore or Cricut Maker machines? Use the Cricut Design Space app.
WHAT CAN YOU MAKE?
1. Insert Cards
Create the perfect card at a moment’s notice.
Choose a design, and play with contrasting colors to make it special. Then tell Cricut Joy to make it!
2. Quick Labels
Make labels for spice jars, a kitchen pantry, playroom, office & more.
Just select one of the professionally designed label styles, size it, add text, choose a font & color, then tell your Cricut Joy to cut.
3. Vinyl Stickers & Decals
Decorate water bottles, notebooks, electronics, windows, walls ... you name it.
Choose from a library of ready-to-use images or upload your own, tell your Cricut Joy to cut, peel, then stick! It’s that easy.
4. Iron-On & Infusible Ink Heat Transfers
Design team jerseys, reunion T-shirts, bachelorette tote bags, or whatever you dream up.
Find or upload an image, type out text, or create a design that uses both. Tell Cricut Joy to cut it out, then follow the instructions to complete the heat transfer.
5. Paper Crafts
Make simple but spectacular gift tags, cupcake toppers, party place cards & more.
Design, cut & assemble in just a few steps.
• 1000+ greeting card designs
• 23+ professionally designed Quick Label shapes
• 70+ curated fonts*, including Serif, San Serif, Decorative, Stencil & Draw
• Edit colors and font styles
• 50,000+ image library*
• Add text, images, or shapes to design
• Easily position, resize & wrap text
• Preview Cut, Cut-Out, or Draw styles in a tap
• Easily position, resize, rotate, or duplicate projects
• See changes real time
• Two-finger pinch to zoom in or out
• Step-by-step assembly instructions
• Auto-save projects
• Upload your own SVG files
• Search uploaded images
• My Stuff keeps projects in one place
• Duplicate, rename, or delete projects any time
• Setup & activate machine right from app
WHAT IS CRICUT JOY?
“One of my favorite new crafting gadgets.” – Today.com
“I’m obsessed.” – Better Homes and Gardens
• Cricut Joy is a smart little cutting & writing machine that makes it easy to personalize, organize & customize your every day.
• Cuts popular materials perfectly. Ideal for making cards, vinyl decals, iron-on transfers & more. Also cuts materials you already have, like construction paper.
• Writes & draws flawlessly. Perfect for penning a personal monogram, inscribing an invitation, or labeling just about anything.
• Compact, portable, ready to go. Fits in a cubby, looks great on a counter, packs away easily, and sets up instantly.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
1. Set up your Cricut Joy machine at cricut.com/activate
2. Download the Cricut Joy app – yes, this app right here!
3. Pick what you want to make, then follow the on-screen instructions
NEED HELP? WE’RE HERE FOR YOU.
Chat, Call or Email Cricut Member Care http://help.cricut.com
THE FINE PRINT
Use of the Cricut Joy app is subject to terms at cricut.com/legal. (You know how those lawyers are.)
Now you can create Cricut Joy Insert Cards in new sizes. Plus you'll notice we added Smart Paper and Sticker Cardstock to our materials list so you can make more cool stuff. As usual, we've fixed any bugs that needed fixing, and we've done some general performance enhancements all around. You look great today, by the way.
Ratings and Reviews
So much easier to use!
Design space is quite complex and takes a definite learning curve (along with the maker)! I have ruined lots of materials and shed many tears trying to navigate design space. I bought makers for a friend and a couple family members years ago and none of them have made anything. They are intimidated by design space and how to start. This app is so much easier to use! Pick your project, pick your design and make it. It is super user friendly and I definitely recommend it to first time users who want to DIY but don’t know where to start. A perfect match to the joy machine.
Excellent for the old and the young
I bought 2 Joys, one for me and one for my 7 year old granddaughter. With this app, I no longer have to hover over her and help her. The app is very easy for her to use. I use it on my iPad Pro and she uses it on her regular iPad. Yes, the app is for an iPhone, but we just expand the screen as neither one of us has an iPhone. It is quick and easy for uncomplicated projects.
I do need to experiment some more, but for her, it is perfect!!!
No card option
I like the app it does make using the joy a lot easier but one of the main features of the joy is the card maker and this app does not have the cards on it which was disappointing. Also it said one of my items was to big upon adding it, I made it smaller and it still would not let me proceed. Obviously it’s newer and the glitches need to be worked out but I do hope they add the cards to this app. Overall everything else is easy to use and figure out. I also like how it gives links to a website on extra instructions on how to use certain material.
Developer Response ,
The Cricut Joy app now supports card making! We are constantly updating and improving the app. Please check it out and let us know what you think of the new experience.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cricut, Inc.
- 84 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Cricut, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Cricut Access $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.