CustomMenu 3 lets you build your own global menu to quickly access your favorite apps, files, and folders.
Within your custom menu, you can:
• simply click to open an app, file or folder.
• cmd-click to show the app, file or folder in the Finder.
• easily browse and access hierarchical folder contents.
• view file info (kind, size, created, modified, preview).
• select the app to open a file.
• easily switch between running apps.
CustomMenu is always at your fingertips:
• via the global menu.
• via customizable keyboard shortcut.
• at the current mouse location.
• even in full-screen mode.
CustomMenu 3 is the successor of the classic CustomMenu and has been completely rewritten to be even better. The new features are:
- The new preview feature allows you to look at the contents of a file.
- A new submenu now lists the apps, files, and folders you have recently used.
- The Application Switcher can now hide other apps automatically.
- New option for developers to show hidden files and package contents.
- A modernized user interface.
- Several other improvements, new options, and minor bug fixes.
If you have feedback or if you need support, please do not hesitate to contact: email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
Best way to navigate through complex file systems
Had to find a utility to replace MaxMenus, which I used for years beyond it's death. CustomMenu 3 give me most of MaxMenus features, but works reliably.
I use it all day long to navigate through multi-level project folders on a server and it saves large amounts of time. I can navigate through 6-8 levels of folders in a few seconds, while I watch other spend 10-20 seconds to get to the same place going through the entire hierarchy.
I would like to see them add multiple CustomMenu pull-down locations and the ability to resolve through folder aliases, but overall I highly recommend it, especially at the price. I would pay several times that for some added features.
Indispensable excellent app - hghly recommended!
This is a must-have app!
I had been using Snard for years, but this app is a big step up in terms of functionality and configurability. It allows you to quickly and effortlessly zip thru nested hierarchical folders on your drive to find or look at files, (when hovering the mouse over a file it shows an image preview window). Once you use this to navigate and access files, you’ll never go back to the time-wasting drudgery of slowly stepping thru windows on the Finder.
Version 3.3 fixes the preview crash with High Sierra, so now the app works great.
Love it, I just have a feature request
I love everything about it! I just have one request to be able to custom sort the folders. For example, when I added the downloads folder, I was hoping I could sort by date added or modified so I can access my files easier without having to put it in my dock.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Wolfgang Weber
- 2.2 MB
- Requires macOS 10.11 or later.
- Age Rating
- © PointWorks Software Development
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.