Want to learn the art of communicating with morse code?
Dah Dit is your iPhone and iPod Touch companion for learning and sharing all things morse code!
• Learn morse code during workouts, walks and chores by listening to the code along with the spoken character names.
• Follow along with the progressive tutorial which introduces new letters, numbers and punctuation as you master the morse code character set.
• Practice keying morse code by tapping out messages on your iPhone or iPod touch.
• Challenge yourself as you advance by copying entire words from a built-in 1,000 common word list.
• Share your morse code mastery with others via e-mail. If your friends also have Dah Dit, they can copy your messages "blind" as they listen to your messages and even compose replies.
We want to hear from fellow morse code enthusiasts! E-mail us email@example.com to share your thoughts for improvements.
Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or greater.
Please note: Dah Dit now requires OS 3.0 or greater
- Added 1000 common words quiz
- Common punctuation symbols added
- Added additional speed choices
- Added setting to speak character names before (in addition to after) playing tones
- Emails now send without exiting application
- Fixed a bug with tutorial state not saving properly in certain instances
- Increased the pace of introduction of new characters in tutorial
Ratings and Reviews
Love it, but seems to be malfunctioning lately.
I like this app a lot, but for some reason the current version has been acting weird. Every time I do the tutorial and get one wrong, my phone vibrates and exits the app. It also does this with the words. Could you please fix this? It is really annoying to have to go back in the app and get back in the tutorial every time I get something wrong. I also don't like the fact that when I try to put a question mark, my phone vibrates and a red question mark appears just like when you do something the app doesn't recognize. Could you please fix it to not do this when you get question mark right?
This is a great tutorial app, but...
I love this app but it seems to have a problem with iOS 10 and needs an update. Now if you get something wrong in tutorial mode it crashes. Please dev, have a look!
Needs call sign practice
Super program, but all good morse programs have call sign practice, and it would be nice to have a few longer runs of words
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.