Daijisen Jpn-Jpn Dictionary 4+
HMDT Co., Ltd.
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
The “Daijisen Japanese-Japanese Dictionary” (Latest Edition, 2012), a popular Japanese dictionary, is now available as an application for iPhone and iPad. The Daijisen dictionary is a perfect tool for studying the Japanese language, as it makes it possible to quickly, efficiently, and stresslessly search for many Japanese terms, include the latest buzzwords and new words. The dictionary has 257,000 entries, derived terms, and phrases.
[Easy-to-Read and Convenient Display and Search Function]
- The functions and display were designed with a simple and easy-to-read design, to make for rapid searching, allowing the user to immediately find the meaning and translations of terms.
- Forward searching is used to allow incremental searches of results. Includes horizontal tiling of the screen. Text can be displayed in three sizes, using pinching.
- Includes bookmark and resume functions.
- For search, Romanization cannot be used. Searches must be in hiragana, katakana or kanji. Searches can be performed without distinctions between unvoiced, voiced and semi-voiced consonants (for example, ta/da and ha/ba/pa), contracted sounds (kiyo/kyo), and geminated consonants (baku/bakku).
- Includes data of location for several terms, linked to Map application, and point the location.
- Includes Daijisen Plus
"Daijisen Plus" is now bundled with "Daijisen".
Previously, "Daijisen Plus" was purchased as a separate bibliography through in-app purchases. This will be changed to the one included in the "Daijisen" data.
As a result, existing users will also be able to use "Daijisen Plus".
Ratings and Reviews
I like this one but 891.4MB is too much... deleted.
Great reference tool
Beautiful design and easy to use. The write on the screen tool is also invaluable. The inclusion of hundreds of images is also nice but completely unnecessary in my opinion. I wish I could delete them to save space. The actual file size is close to 1 GB. For an entry level dictionary look elsewhere but if you want an in-depth Japanese dictionary then this is for you.
The app functions well, but I really don't like the "book" design. If I wanted to buy a book, I would buy a physical book. When I buy an app I expect it to be designed to use screen space efficiently. As of now, it wastes a lot of screen space. There are also too many gimmicky features that do not add to the dictionary. The galaxy orbiting word feature is small and hard to read. The visualizers are also not helpful. The developer should build an app that is useful with a clean design without any gimmicks.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- HMDT Co., Ltd.
- 905.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- ©2008 Shogakukan, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 大辞泉プラス $5.99
- 日本の歳時記 ライト版 $5.99