Denied sees what you're playing in Spotify, iTunes and Apple Music and automatically skips songs that you dislike.
Tracks can be skipped by their artist, title, album, whether they contain explicit lyrics*, or if you’ve heard them before in the past few hours.
Denied allows you to truly enjoy Top 40 playlists, the Christmas season, Spotify Radio and iTunes Radio.
Works with the Spotify desktop app, iTunes and Apple Music.
As seen on the internet
"That’s where Denied comes in. With a few clicks, you can banish your least-favorite songs or bands from earshot for good."
"Spotify is awesome, but it has one problem. When you're listening to compilations or radio, you sometimes come across artists you hate. Denied fixes that by creating simple rules."
"Fortunately you can now download a nifty little app to prevent unwanted artists sneaking into your speakers."
• Create rules to skip songs by their title, artist or album.
• Specify match criteria: starts with, ends with, contains or equals to.
• Skip songs that contain explicit lyrics.
• Skip songs that you've heard before in the past few hours.
• Skip songs that you've marked as 'disliked' in iTunes and Apple Music.
• See which song is currently playing and..
• Add rules straight from the Now Playing information.
• Optionally display notifications when a song is skipped.
• Import and export rules, allowing you to download pre-made rule lists and share your own rules with your friends.
• Works with the Spotify desktop app, iTunes and Apple Music.
• You'll need a distaste for certain bands, songs or albums, explicit lyrics or repeating songs.
* Skipping explicit songs requires an internet connection.
Obviously nobody in their right mind would skip a song by Gunship. That album art is just too awesome though.
If Denied helped you skip a track or two, consider leaving a tip in the app. Thanks!
* This update adds preliminary support for future versions of macOS and their music app.
* I've updated the project and its dependencies.
* The animations have been redone.
* The minimum supported version of macOS is now 10.14 Mojave.
* Lots of under the hood improvements have been made.
* The crash reporter has been removed, as the service I was using is being retired. I'm keeping an eye out for an alternative. You can always contact support through firstname.lastname@example.org
Reviews really help others discover my apps as well. Writing one is much appreciated.
Ratings and Reviews
Has saved my ears from tons of terrible music whether explicit or just annoying. Thanks for you're hard work on this!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review!
Only one problem...
… you might actually end up listening to Nickelback while you are setting it up and testing it, by accident. Even a little exposure might be too much.
I will use it with iTunes radio, and it will make it better.
Leave running on your mac, have songs skipped on your phone!
My favorite feature is skipping songs across all devices: smart tv, phone, etc! I just also leave Spotify & Denied running on my mac, and when a song/artist plays I don’t like Denied skips it.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review, k!
- Boy van Amstel
- 8.5 MB
macOS 10.14 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014-2019 Danger Cove
- In-App Purchases
- Great Tip $2.99
- Incredible Tip $5.99
- Fine Tip $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.