DFind lets you perform advanced file and folder searches on your Mac. Need to find all files containing a certain text? Need to find files created in the last hour? Need to find large files that take up all your disk space? Only remember the partial name of a file and don't know where it's located? Then DFind is for you!
- full disk search that does not use the macOS spotlight index
- fast search algorithm
- integrated app usage guide
- search by name or partial name
- search for files containing a certain text
- search in specific locations
- search in sub-folders with the ability to limit depth
- search for hidden and system files
- filter searches by creation and modification date
- filter searches by minimum and maximum size
- search for date ranges
- search for size ranges
- sort results by path, size, created date and modified date
- QuickLook integration
- realtime search results display
- open items directly from DFind search results list
- ability to Copy and Move to Trash selected items
- ability to Copy Paths for selected items, resulting in a formatted text
- retina display support
- fast load time
- low CPU usage
- support for OSX 10.7 and newer
- FREE updates for all versions
And much more!
If you spot ANY bugs or glitches, send an email to email@example.com as we cannot respond to AppStore reviews.
Additionally, if you have any feature requests send an email and all efforts will be made to have them integrated in the next release.
Thank you for your support!
- added support for macOS 12
- added Apple Sillicon support
- fixed folder drag/drop launch issue
- fixed dark mode display issue for search results
- fixed crash when attempting to search a folder outside filesystem access location
- fixed default date and time
- fixed other reported bugs
Ratings and Reviews
WASTE OF MONEY - DOES NOT WORK AS STATED
I was hesitant to spend 9.99 on an app that I could not try first but I was so desperate to find an app that really does search the content of all my word files that I gave this a try. NOT ONLY DID IT TAKE 20 MINUTES TO SCAN ONE FOLDER OF WORD FILES BUT IT DID NOT FIND THE CONTENT I SEARCHED FOR AS A TEST — BECAUSE I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE THE FILE IS THAT CONTAINS THAT NUMBER!! I honestly feel like I deserve a refund as this app does not even do what the description states that it does. If there were a negative rating then I would have sellected that.
Ability to search by time is a life saver
No matter what tools you use, a lost file may not always turn up in search results for name, keywords, even filetype. Searching for a lost Pages document was impossible using other methods, but DFind uncovered the bizarre .zip file and related pages document that no other search could uncover. Using the time it was last saved and the file size, I was able to narrow the file results very quickly.
It’s important to note that DFind turned up files otherwise hidden from OS X, even after revealing all hidden files using a Terminal instruction. This was a truly lost/deleted document.
Really useful tool, almost fixes Catalina...
Need to seach a directory for a certain filename? This will do that. It allows you to open the files in the Finder to then edit them. Of course, the listed menu shortcut for that is broken, but the menu item works.
If I could combine this with Multi Renamer to find the files and fix the names that would be great.
Even better would be the ability to rename the thing I find.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cristian Ciorba
- 1.3 MB
- Requires macOS 10.7 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Russian
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2022 DevStorm Apps
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.