DFind lets you perform advanced file and folder searches on your Mac. Need to find all files containing a certain text? Need to find files created in the last hour? Need to find large files that take up all your disk space? Only remember the partial name of a file and don't know where it's located? Then DFind is for you!
- full disk search that does not use the OSX spotlight index
- fast search algorithm
- integrated app usage guide
- search by name or partial name
- search for files containing a certain text
- search in specific locations
- search in sub-folders with the ability to limit depth
- search for hidden and system files
- filter searches by creation and modification date
- filter searches by minimum and maximum size
- search for date ranges
- search for size ranges
- sort results by path, size, created date and modified date
- QuickLook integration
- realtime search results display
- open items directly from DFind search results list
- ability to Copy and Move to Trash selected items
- ability to Copy Paths for selected items, resulting in a formatted text
- retina display support
- fast load time
- low CPU usage
- support for OSX 10.7 and newer
- FREE updates for all versions
And much more!
If you spot ANY bugs or glitches, send an email to email@example.com as we cannot respond to AppStore reviews.
Additionally, if you have any feature requests send an email and all efforts will be made to have them integrated in the next release.
Thank you for your support!
- improved search speed by 30% compared to the previous version
- added support for latest operating systems
- added folder access request descriptions
- fixed reported crashes
- other minor bugfixes you probably won't notice
Thanks again to everyone who reported issues!
If you spot any problems or have any feature suggestions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Does not search recursively
Trying to search for .DS_Store to delete them all, and it does not find any but the on one in the folder I selected, even with the "Search in Sub-Folders" checked. Please fix.
Ability to search by time is a life saver
No matter what tools you use, a lost file may not always turn up in search results for name, keywords, even filetype. Searching for a lost Pages document was impossible using other methods, but DFind uncovered the bizarre .zip file and related pages document that no other search could uncover. Using the time it was last saved and the file size, I was able to narrow the file results very quickly.
It’s important to note that DFind turned up files otherwise hidden from OS X, even after revealing all hidden files using a Terminal instruction. This was a truly lost/deleted document.
Really useful tool, almost fixes Catalina...
Need to seach a directory for a certain filename? This will do that. It allows you to open the files in the Finder to then edit them. Of course, the listed menu shortcut for that is broken, but the menu item works.
If I could combine this with Multi Renamer to find the files and fix the names that would be great.
Even better would be the ability to rename the thing I find.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Cristian Ciorba
- 1.1 MB
- Requires macOS 10.7 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Russian
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2020 DevStorm Apps
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.