Dial is a beautiful and intuitive task-based timer app that helps you to focus on your work.
With Dial, you can:
- Set timer & task quickly from keyboard or menu bar item.
- Have all your todos and daily events in one place with calendar integration.
- Review your tasks as they are automatically added to a calendar for review when finished.
- Keyboard shortcut to set a timer: type “25m” for 25 minutes, “1h” for one hour.
- Calendar integration for a clear task & events overview.
- Show countdown view and time picker from the menu bar.
- Clean UI design with dark mode support
- A selection of original notification sounds from world instruments: singing bowl, gong, bouzouki, etc.
- Pause, resume, stop the timer from the quick set window with context information
- Customizable appearance and sounds.
Fixes and improvements:
- In quick set view, double click on finished task / calendar event to directly start timer.
- In quick set view, add duration information of finished tasks.
- In preferences, add option to set minimum duration for task export.
Ratings and Reviews
Does not remember time
Dial does not permit you to click to start a countdown. It forces you to type a key combination, then enter the exact same time again, then click the menu icon to display the clock. Three steps. It does not recall the last time you entered. Every time the window is opened the time defaults to 25 minutes. Time in the window can be set only in whole number increments.
Developer Response ,
I am sorry that you are not satisfied with the app. However I am confused by your comments:
1. One can directly start a timer from the menu bar window. Use the handle to set time and then click on the right button.
2. The previous timer duration is actually remembered. It is strange that this doesn’t work for you, maybe reinstall the app?
3. It is true that only integer minutes can be set from the menu bar window, as it would be unwieldy using mouse and it’s faster with the command.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Xinrui LI
- 5.5 MB
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Xinrui LI
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.