Even better, faster and safer Internet with lots of cool toggles!
Override & secure your DNS with DNSCrypt & DNS-over-HTTPS/2 (DoH) resolvers. Works with WiFi & cellular.
DNSCrypt is a protocol that authenticates communications between a DNS client and a DNS resolver. It prevents DNS spoofing. It uses signatures to verify that responses originate from the chosen DNS resolver and haven't been tampered with. You can learn more about DNSCrypt protocol at https://dnscrypt.info
Our app implements DNSCrypt & DNS-over-HTTPS/2 (DoH) protocols and allows you to secure your DNS traffic against of spoofing. It overrides your DNS settings with a single or multiple DNSCrypt or DNS-over-HTTPS/2 (DoH) resolvers. Works both for WiFi & cellular.
■ dnscrypt-proxy version: 2.0.19 (8377d49) ■
■ App features ■
• Easy to setup & use;
• Clean simple yet powerful UI;
• iOS integration – works at system level;
• Acts as DNS server to prevent DNS traffic leakage;
• Supports both DNS-over-HTTPS/2 (DoH) and DNSCrypt protocols;
• TLS 1.3 support for DoH;
• Supports DNSSEC;
• Multiple resolvers support (if none selected - DNSCloak will use the whole list);
• Load balancing within a set of resolvers: app will automatically measure and keep track of their speed, then balancing the traffic across the fastest available resolvers;
• Toggable DNS responses caching (reduces latency and improves privacy);
• Built-in config editor - take full control over your setup
• Custom lists and static servers (via config editor);
• Supports DNS queries logging (separate for regular and suspicious queries);
• Configurable Blacklist, IP blacklist, Whitelist (with logs);
• Domain cloaking feature;
• Queries forwarding feature;
• Automatic background updates of resolvers list;
• Can force outgoing connections to use TCP, that may be useful if your traffic is routed through a TCP-only tunnel such as Tor;
• Passcode lock for the app;
• Works both for WiFi & cellular;
• Supports both 32-bit & 64-bit devices running iOS 10 or later.
■ Contact Us, Support & Feedback ■
If you have any questions – feel free to contact us. You can use "Contact Us" link in the app, "App Support" link in the "Reviews" tab of the App Store or send us email on email@example.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing app! Best one out there
Besides the VPN routing, the DNS part of this seems to be dnscrypt-proxy, but running on iOS. Which is amazing! And unlike dnscrypt-proxy, this app has a very simple and powerful UI! Getting logging setup on DNSCloak is easier than setting it up on a desktop machine.
If you’re the techie type you can even modify the dnscrypt toml config file directly for ultimate power.
Overall, very impressed that a free iOS app built on top of a rather techie-centric open source tool has such a slick and easy to use GUI! Plenty of iOS ports of popular OSS projects are user interface train wrecks... DNS Cloak is a pleasant exception!
Best DNS Changer App!
After trying every other device-wide adblocking app in the App Store, I was discouraged, thinking I’d never find one that was simple to use and worked without stopping. This isn’t an adblocker app by definition; but the AdGuard DNS servers work great, and are one of the (many!) options in this app.
It’s been several days since I installed this app, and I’ve restarted the device several times, without the DNS ever stopping. It works perfectly. Thanks for the awesome app, and to everyone else looking for a good adblocker or simply a good DNS app, your search has ended. 😄
Great concept for content filtering, but still too easy to bypass
The app freezes on a blank grey page after entering a 4-digit app unlock password on iPhone 6.
Connecting to DoH (DNS-over-HTTPS) servers on older devices like iPhone 6 will often prevent reconnection when switching from Cellular to Wi-Fi. I had to reboot my device to reconnect after configuring in-app settings.
I was impressed by the app password feature, which prevents tampering and acts as a Parental Control option. Unfortunately, the “Connect on Demand” VPN feature (auto-reconnect) can be easily disabled by going to Settings > General > VPN > selecting DNS Cloak profile and unselecting “Connect on Demand.”
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Center for the Cultivation of Technology gemeinnutzige GmbH
- 53 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- Copyright © 2019 Sergey Smirnov
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.