Office anywhere with Docs To Go: View, edit, and create Microsoft® Office files (Word, Excel, PowerPoint*) & view Adobe PDF® files on your iOS device with the original & #1 selling mobile MS Office suite of all time.
Documents To Go® Standard contains best-in-class document viewing & editing. Options for connecting to multiple cloud storage accounts, desktop file sync, and opening password-protected files are available via in-app purchase.
THE DATAVIZ® ADVANTAGE
• Founded in 1984, DataViz is an industry leader in developing mobile Office & productivity solutions for iOS, Mac, and more.
• Documents To Go, now in its 17th year, is currently preloaded on millions of devices around the world.
• InTact Technology™ retains original document formatting of edited files.
• Technical support is available via email by actual people in our home office & via our robust knowledge-base at DataViz.com.
OVERALL STANDARD VERSION FEATURES:
• Works on both iPhone and iPad
• View, edit, and create MS Office files (97-2018).
• View PDF, iWork, Text, .RTF files, and more!
• Send & receive supported email attachments using the built-in Mail app.
• Open & edit supported files within Docs To Go from any 3rd party app that supports the iOS "Open In" feature.
• File sorting manager (sort your file list by Name, Modified, Size, etc.)
• Supports iTunes File Sharing via USB cable for manually moving files.
WORD TO GO FEATURES:
• View, edit, and create Word (.doc, .docx) files
• Format font type, size, color, bold, italics, underline, and highlight text
• High fidelity viewing for embedded graphics, tables, comments, footnotes/endnotes, text boxes, table of contents, and hyperlinks
• Change paragraph alignment
• Edit and/or insert bullets and numbering
• Multiple undo/redo
• Find & replace
• Word count
SHEET TO GO FEATURES:
• View, edit, and create Excel (.xls, .xlsx) spreadsheets
• Freeze panes
• Extensive cell & number formatting options, including: font type, size, color, alignment, fill, highlight, category, and decimal place)
• 111 functions supported
• Insert, delete, resize, hide/unhide rows & columns
• Rename, insert, and delete worksheets
• Multiple undo/redo
• Find/find next
SLIDESHOW TO GO FEATURES:
• In-slide PowerPoint editing - Edit slide contents & formatting directly in the slide vs. a separate/outline view.
• Thumbnail slide sorter/view
• High fidelity PowerPoint viewing, including: charts, MS Office SmartArt, and more
• View/edit/add speaker notes
• Sort slides
• Promote/demote bullets
• Open password protected PowerPoint 97-2018 files
PDF TO GO FEATURES:
• Pinch-to-zoom to desired PDF page size/width
• Open password-protected PDFs
*PowerPoint files are view and edit only.
Several fixes including iCloud crash
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Seems fantastic so far!!
I just got this app today and it was only $8 on the memorial day sale. I've been using it all day on excel and word files and it's been great. I've got it synced to my desktop to a folder with personal files and synced to my laptop to a folder with work files. I've worked on several files from both sources and it's synced back perfectly. I've also synced to an email, changed that file and emailed it to myself. Perfect.
I really think that the people having syncing problems are suffering from a case of operator error. Your device needs to be on the same wireless network as the computer you are syncing to. I was using another app the other day that syncs the same way. I couldn't get it to work and was getting mad. Then I realized my desktop was patched to my wired router. I switjed the patch cord to a port on the wireless router and bingo...so before you write a bad review with 1 star, be sure you know what you are talking about. It blows my mind how many stupid people own smart phones. This app is awesome on the iPod touch and I'm sure equally so on the iPad. For those complaining about it's value on the iPad, why don't you wait until an actual iPad app is availible. I'm sure it will be awesome.
Great for editing Word docs on the go
This is exactly what I needed to take my creative writing projects on-the-go. All I needed was a way to edit and write into my works in progress while traveling and during my other downtime -- this app is just perfect for that. I work on a document on my computer, save it, sync Documents to Go with my iPhone, edit and write when I can, then sync when I get back. I used to do the same thing using Documents to Go on the Palm Treo and was lamenting that I hadn't found something with the same functionality for iPhone -- then someone suggested Documents to Go for iPhone! Without this app, I would need to lug my laptop around everywhere, and then I probably still wouldn't get the same amount of editing and writing done on the road.
I love this app, but it's not perfect. Every now and then I get annoyed by needing to hit multiple buttons to get to something I want (for instance, the keyboard) and it is a little annoying that it does not sync with a folder inside a folder that it is set to sync to. When I'm working on a long document, it doesn't save my place when I close the app and reopen it, so I lose some time finding my place again.
Like I said, I am really only using this app for editing Word documents, and it's pretty great for that. I definitely think it was worth the $10 I paid for it.
I am a writer and use my iphone as my journal of ideas, line and scenes that pop into my head spontaneously. So when I found this app I was genuinely excited and rather impressed despite the steep cost, when compared to other apps. The wireless syncing was great and easy and I could use my iphone even more instead of my bulky laptop. Just pull out the phone, jot down the notes and be done. But soon there after the gleam and shimmer of the app soon faded. Not only does it have many of the functional problems already visited by other reviews, but the desktop application for syncing is one of the most frustrating pieces of software I've ever worked with! Many times I'll come home and go to sync my notes and thoughts gathered through the day only to find the frick'n thing wont even launch. It took me some time to figure out that I had to remove it manually, all the way down to left over register files, and THEN reinstall it in order to get the thing functioning again. Only thing is this is a consistent problem and I have lost many pages of notes and writing due to it. The main reason I bought this app is b/c I don't always have 3g or wifi access to use Google docs and the ability to syncing via wifi EASILY was to be a great help...
If I had spent 2-5 dollars on this I don’t think I'd be as frustrated as spending 10 to find this problem still consistently plaguing their community.
- DataViz, Inc
- 100.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 DataViz, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Pack $16.99
- Cloud access add-on $6.99
- Desktop Sync add-on $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.