Doggiebox is back.
The drum sequencer for your Mac, since 2002!
Doggiebox is a versatile and easy-to-use percussion sequencer for hobbyists and pro musicians alike. Create realistic drum tracks in minutes for recording, rehearsal, or even live performance.
• Edit songs of unlimited length and complexity, including tempo and time signature changes.
• Input and adjust drum events using the mouse, the keyboard, or any MIDI input device.
• Build songs efficiently by defining and re-using sections (such as verses and choruses) and arrange them by drag and drop.
• Export songs as audio files, or play them back in real time through any MIDI device or application.
• Customize drum kits using your own sounds, and switch between them while working on a song.
Doggiebox includes a full User's Guide along with several demo files to get you started.
• Now a 64-bit Universal sandboxed app, supporting MacOS Catalina and Big Sur on Intel and M1 Macs.
• Updated suite of six GarageBand drum kits (requires Apple GarageBand).
• Numerous internal changes to support modern architecture and updated APIs.
Bugs fixed since 2.0.2:
• Fixed crash when loading a drum kit with linked sound files that can’t be found.
• Fixed crash when trying to Revert in the drum kit editor.
• Fixed bug where doing “Save As” of a drum kit more than once would create a corrupted kit.
• Fixed bug where exporting sounds or saving drum kits containing non-LPCM sound files could fail.
• Fixed bug that prevented adding linked sounds to a new un-saved drum kit.
• After re-linking sound files, substitutions are remembered without having to re-save the drum kit.
Ratings and Reviews
Doggiebox 2.0.1 is every bit as wonderful as all the previous versions. One of the things I love most about this software is the ease with which I can edit the sound samples – or even add my own. The interface is easy to understand and use (I’m not sure I have ever needed to read any of the user guide!) Things I especially like about the new version are that both the drum kit and controls windows now “float” and can be positioned anywhere on the screen without obscuring or being attached to the main window. There’s an Undo / Redo function now! It’s great to be able to start playback from any point in a rhythm pattern instead of it always going back to the very start. There are a bunch of new features I haven’t had time to explore yet, but I wanted to get some positive feedback up ASAP for this fine software. I have been using it for years – it’s stable, sounds great, and the rare times I have needed support, Ben (the developer) has been prompt and very helpful.
Drums in a box!
I've been using Doggiebox for 6-7 years now. It has been an invaluable tool in creating demos for my various musical projects. Using Doggiebox, I can plot out an exact drum arrangement to provide to the drummer, which makes it much easier for us to communicate and nail down exactly what I have in my head. I've also used the included drum sounds to export a stereo drum track on demos that I've distributed. Ben, the applications' creator, has always been in direct contact with his user community and takes into account the needs of the folks who use his product. Doggiebox continues to improve with every revision and I'm sure will remain a tool in my arsenal for a long time to come!
I've used Doggiebox for years and have found that not only is it the best solution for easily setting up drum tracks for my demos, but it's also flexible and intelligently developed so that you can get the professional results you want without being interrupted as you create. The developer is responsive to questions and the support community is active and has provided not only many custom kits, but also many suggestions that often end up being integrated into the application. I would recommend this to anyone wanting a solid feature-rich application for creating high-quality drum tracks for anything from demos to final polished songs.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Zygoat Creative Technical Services
- 8.7 MB
- Requires macOS 10.9 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2002–2021 Ben Kennedy (Zygoat Creative Technical Services)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.