*** Listed as one of the best drum apps for iOS on www.musicappblog.com ***
Designed by a musician for musicians Drums by Asrodot brings a novel twist to drumming on the iPad/iPhone.
*** Be sure to check out the video on the website www.asrodot.com to see and hear the app in action ***
Ask a drummer or a percussionist what a wooden coffee table sounds like. He or she will reply that every inch of the table sounds differently. Some parts of the table will sound somewhat like a bass drum. Other parts of the table will sound more like a rimshot. Parts in-between will sound like a mixture of both.
A drummer or a percussionist placed behind a wooden coffee table will soon discover many different sounds the table has to offer and use it to create stunning rhythms. Much to the joy of the drummer/percussionist, and possibly to the annoyance of the other people sitting at the table.
The table metaphor has been used in the creation of Drums by Asrodot. Using the available space on the screen it has been made sure that every pixel sounds just a little bit different, which makes drumming on the iPad/iPhone come to life. Want to create drumrolls with subtle accents every third note? Now you can.
This does not mean that Drums by Asrodot sounds like a coffee-table. The app comes loaded with six drum kits tailored for various styles of music.
- Expressive: Quick and responsive action. Every pixel sounds just a little different. Velocity sensitive; you can add dynamics by tapping harder or softer.
- 6 Drum Kits: Cajón, Xylophone, Jazz, IDM, Drum&Bass 1 + 2.
- Loop recorder: Record drumloops and export them to iTunes or AudioCopy.
- Distortion: Increase gain to add a tube-like distortion that can dramatically change the sound.
- Delay Module: With tweakable time, feedback and mix settings.
- Customizable: Designed for both right-handed and left-handed drummers.
- Inter-app audio support
- Audiobus support: You can stream live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps. See http://audiob.us for more information.
Increased support for newer iPad models.
Ratings and Reviews
Works really good. I enjoyed playing
I feel this app was well made even though its older it words pretty good. I felt no lag like with some of the other apps like this. I especially Like that you can record and layer the loops. I also like you can customize the effects of the sounds. You can export loops as well. Well done.
If you are a finger drummer then this app will appeal to you. It is not just simple sample based triggers like a lot of drum pad type interfaces, but a sort of matrix of sounds so that every hit will sound a bit different. It is also velocity sensitive, giving more variation. It is not obvious where the different drums lay on the drum plane, but easy to figure out. If you are a good finger drummer you can stay consistent with the drums you want to hit with still having a bit of variation, and probably having some control over the variation too. However, some of us less adept drummers with finger drift will find we start hitting drums we didn’t intend. Overall though the interface gives a change to play some live sounding drums and percussion, not just machine sounding hits.
Please enable Background audio
Absolutely fantastic app but i would also like to use it with midi while running in the background But currently the audio will be muted when the app is pushed to the background. It would be a five star app to me if that last missing feature would be added. Fingers crossed X
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Arno VAN GOCH
- 53 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Arno van Goch
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.