The official version of the board game - Eight-Minute Empire, by Ryan Laukat.
AWARDS & HONORS
Our digital adaptation:
2017 Golden Geek Best Board Game App Nominee
2017 Golden Geek Best Mobile/Handheld Nominee
The board game:
2013 Golden Geek Best Family Board Game Nominee
2013 Golden Geek Best Print & Play Board Game Nominee
2014 Gioco dell’Anno Nominee
2014 Hra roku Nominee
Build an empire in around eight minutes!
Recruit troops to strengthen your army
Command your forces to acquire new provinces
Challenge your friends all over the world
Sail across the seas & build castles to expand your empire
Eliminate enemy troops to weaken your adversaries
Collect goods to increase your advantage
Eight-Minute Empire, by Ryan Laukat, is a quick Civilization/Exploration game using card-driven area control.
In Eight-Minute Empire, 2-5 players take turns selecting a card from the six displayed. This card gives the player a resource, and also has an action which the player takes immediately. Actions help players take over the map, but the resources are worth points at the end of the game, so players have to balance the two aspects. Players spread across the map in order to collect points at the end of the game by having majority control in regions and continents.
Eight-Minute Empire is the super-quick area control game requiring tough decisions. It’s easy to learn and perfect for when you only have a few minutes.
- official Eight-Minute Empire game
- great artwork
- ingame interactive tutorial
- languages: English, German, Dutch, Polish, French, Spanish, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Chinese Traditional and Simplified, Russian
- optimized for PC, smartphones and tablets
- play with AI, with friends or both
- pass and play mode
- online multiplayer with synchronous and asynchronous modes
- opponents' last moves replay
- 3 levels of difficulty AIs with individual strategies
- different maps
- climate sounds and music
- official rules plus extra additions
- unique, original board game feel on your electronic device
- colorblind mode
- over 70 achievements
Following the big multiplayer overhaul of the patch 1.2.5 we introduce following, smaller fixes:
- A rare issue of the game crashing during bidding stage in Online play was fixed.
- A rare issue of the open rooms list incorrectly displaying rooms having zero players was fixed.
- A fix to the loading of the saved online games. The game will load on the correct tab and with no visual issues.
- Small fixes to the German translation.
- Acram Sp. z o.o.
- 134.6 MB
OS X 10.9.0 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Acram Digital & Red Raven Games
- In-App Purchases
- Mountains Expansion $2.99
- Old Europe Map
- Archipelago of Azra Map $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.