Escape Team is a printable, interactive pen-and-paper escape game: cut, fold and draw to solve its puzzles, racing against a countdown on your mobile phone.
Print your mission (you'll find it as a free download on www.escape-team.com), gather some friends, and start defusing bombs, rescuing hacked elevators, and saving airplanes from crashing.
Escape Team is a digital-physical puzzle race against the clock: virtual thrills, real-world skills.
• A live, pen-and-paper escape game experience
• Designed for 2-4 players
• Fast-paced audio narration and atmospheric soundtrack
• FREE: Training Mission and Mission 1: »Central Station«
• Missions 2-5 are available as In-App Purchases (for $0.99 each)
To get started, print your first missions:
To all of us,
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Not a great app or game
The best word I can use to describe the Escape Team app/game is “mediocre”. There are a few problems that need to be addressed:
1) This game is clearly designed/voiced by people who do not speak English as a first language. I have nothing against non-English speakers, but the broken English you’ll encounter in this game makes it very difficult to invest yourself in the story. At the very least, the script should have been audited by a native English speaker before voiceover was recorded.
2) The clues provided by the app are worthless because they come far too late. For example, in Mission #1 the clues mostly come after the timer has already expired. If the clues are going to be useful, they need to provide players with the ability to use the clues before the mission timer expires.
3) The training mission is so stupidly easy a child could figure it out, but them Mission #1 is so stupidly difficult that several college-educated adults working together will have remarkable trouble figuring out the puzzles. This step in difficulty makes the game no fun.
Ultimately, this game feels unpolished and is not very fun. The story that the app tries to tell is ridiculous, weird, and unbelievable. There’s almost nothing that draws any players into the story. I certainly would not spend any money on the game knowing what I know now.
DIY missions make this an incredible value
As it was, my family and I enjoyed Escape Team immensely, playing through the scenarios to various degrees of success. The interface was well thought out and made the puzzles much more engaging than they would be without it.
The recent inclusion of DIY missions takes this from a great game to a wonderful creative tool, allowing *you* the freedom to use the interface for your own escape room missions you make yourself. Tell no one, but I would have paid way more for this! Such fun.
While I consider myself an escape room enthusiast, I’ve been looking for an app to play at home without having to convince friends to join me in a really room. I didn’t have high expectations, but the puzzles were exciting, the story silly and we looked forward to beating the clock. We couldn’t wait to download all the missions.
- Hemmert UG (haftungsbeschraenkt)
- 89.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Armenian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Hemmert UG (haftungsbeschränkt), 2018
- In-App Purchases
- Mission 2: Terminal $0.99
- Mission 3: Elevator $0.99
- Mission 4: Rollercoaster $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.