Display Resolution Switching gets casual.
– Four mice in Macworld review –
– Recommended by Marco Arment (www.marco.org/2013/02/21/eye-friendly) –
Have to get real work done? Get more screen space. Tired after work? Get larger text.
With just a keystroke. In superb sharpness*.
- Use keyboard shortcuts (configurable) to casually step through display resolutions
- Let the location of your mouse pointer decide which display to be affected
- Skip resolutions by hitting a shortcut repeatedly
- Eye-Friendly will display resolution descriptors en passant while you are stepping
- Enjoy superb sharpness (in HiDPI modes*)
- Observe HiDPI and native resolutions tagged as "eye-friendly" and optionally hide any other
Once hooked you won't want to miss Eye-Friendly.
*) HiDPI modes available only on Retina Macbooks or Macs with Quartz Debug installed.
Minor compatibility changes.
Ratings and Reviews
It's nice, but not all resolutions previewed appear
Looking to replace an app that could set my screen resolution to almost anything - specifically 1280x720 (in screenshot) or 2560x1440 (also in screenshot previews), but neither of those options are available.
I might keep it installed.
I can finally use the full resolution of my retina display without feeling like I’ve got a 640x480 display! (albiet a very pretty one)
I have my 13” MPB Retina running at 1680x1050 and it feels worlds better!
Thank you so much… for the price of a cup of coffee, my productivity has improved no end!
Screen shot images aren’t accurate
The screen shots associated with this app are false and do not properly represent the actual app specifications. One of the provided app images shows 1680x1050. That option is not provided when downloading and installing this application. I would like a refund due to misrepresentation.
To all looking at this application, do not spend the money for this application until it’s fixed.
The developer, Jörg Jacobsen, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Jörg Jacobsen
- 973.4 KB
- Requires macOS 10.9 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2018 Jörg Jacobsen
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.