Feeddler was first released in 2010, a few days before the first-generation iPad release. Feeddler has been one of the most popular RSS readers for iPhone and iPad and has been picked as a top news app by numerous media over the years.
* "New and Noteworthy" and "What's Hot" - featured by Apple
* "Cleanest and most user-friendly interface" - iPhone Life Magazine
* "Essential iPad Apps" - Gizmodo
* "10 Must Have iPad Apps" - Cool Tricks N Tips
* ... and many more
Feeddler is a fast and highly customizable RSS Reader client that stays perfect sync with RSS services and presents RSS stories in an easy-to-read interface. Feeddler is a universal app that supports iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads.
* Syncs with AOL Reader (optional account, free).
* Syncs with Bazqux Reader (optional account, 30-day free trial).
* Syncs with FeedHQ (optional account, , 30-day free trial, will support self-hosting).
* Syncs with Feedly (optional account, free).
* Syncs with InoReader (optional account, free).
* Syncs with The Old Reader (optional account, free).
* Supports multiple accounts.
* Supports feed management - add/delete/rename/sort subscriptions and folders.
* Caches RSS articles and images for offline reading
* Able to set up each subscription to open articles directly in RSS, full text mode, or web (online only).
* Able to mark all items as read for any RSS subscription or mark only loaded items as read.
* Able to mark items as read based on date or automatically mark items as read while user scrolling headlines.
* Able to show only feeds/folders with unread items.
* Swipe RSS articles for navigation, and pinch articles to change font size.
* Save/Share/Zoom images by tapping-and-holding or pinching images.
* Save/Share web pages by tapping-and-holding any links.
* Save/Share articles by tapping-and-holding any articles shown on the preview list.
* Supports Evernote to save any RSS articles, web pages, images, and PDF without leaving the app.
* E-mail sharing with optional default recipients.
* Copy-and-paste titles, links, or full articles.
* Full text mode using Readability.
* Lots of UI customization options including summary preview and the comfortable night mode.
More features in the Pro version:
+ Supports landscape mode on iPhone.
+ Supports keyword search to find and add feeds.
+ Sync all subscriptions, or sync subscriptions in a folder for offline reading.
+ Sync options: sync all feeds or unread items only, sync from last sync, days or weeks. For faster syncing, use "Unread only" + "FromLastSync."
+ No ads
If you like Feeddler, please consider writing positive reviews on the App Store. We keep adding features, fixing bugs, and improving app performance. Please send us feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your support.
Follow us on Twitter @feeddler.
Supports iOS 12, iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max.
Ratings and Reviews
Good replacement for Feedly
I tried this RSS reader because Feedly had just gotten too greedy. You couldn’t even save to Pocket anymore without paying their ridiculously high monthly fee. So I tried Feedler and was impressed. The layout is very good, there are a lot of options, and it’s a one-time purchase to get rid of the ads instead of a stupid monthly fee. All in all it works very well. I deducted one star Because webpages are displayed with their own internal browser, which isn’t very good, especially for ad heavy sites. And there’s no option to make safari the default browser. At least you can use the option to open webpages in Safari instead. But that’s an annoying extra tap.
Update fixes the previous broken one!
As reviewed by others over the past days, the app was hopelessly broken in so many ways that it was essentially useless. (Switched to Newsify as a "placeholder" —mostly positive, but with several caveats.) The current update returns everything to normal functionality. Thanks to dev!
I know the interface and style is a bit "old school," like an app for Palm or Blackberry, and without most of the more "contemporary" features like 3D-touch, its simplicity and to-the-point approach to news feeds still surpasses most if not all the other options. And after 8 years the dev still supports it. The rare and brief breakdown of functionality given current iOS changes is forgivable.
My #1 RSS reader
I love the layout, and workflow. It runs smoothly, with minimal steps allowing me to see the most content with minimal effort. These RSS readers are such personal things and one person loves what another one hates. I use it with Google/Feedly and for me I love using small fonts on a large device and seeing many article lines in one screen and everything loads quickly. I enjoy the pace. They had a small hiccup for a couple of days which they immediately recognized and fixed. For those couple days, I had to rely on my previous readers and felt completely lost. FeeddlerPro is definitely worth it for me.
- Che-Bin Liu
- 12.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © C.B. Liu
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.