Nimble Commander is a free dual-pane file manager designed specifically for Mac. Optimized for efficiency, Nimble Commander provides a blazing performance and momentary user interface feedback. Offering traditional powerful dual-panel manager concepts, Nimble Commander maintains minimalist and clean UI design at the same time.
• Classic tabbed dual-pane interface with different presentation modes: traditional UI and monospaced text-based variant
• Full keyboard access with the fastest way to handle file management tasks
• Nearly instantaneous launch, small memory footprint, and blazing-fast operation
• Configurable keyboard shortcuts
• Background operations processing
• Font and color customization
• Different file panel viewing modes: short, medium, full, and wide
• Instant files searching and filtering by typing
• File editing in editors of your choice, based on file extensions
• File search by name, size, or content
• QuickLook support
• Built-in file attributes editor and file viewer with textual/hexadecimal presentation
• Showing file search results as a file panel
• Lightweight search with Spotlight
• Browsing archives (zip, tar, bz2, gz, pax, cpio, lha, ar, cab, mtree, iso, warc, rar) like folders
• Archives building
• Extended attributes modification
• Powerful batch renaming
• External tools integration
• Ability to connect to remote FTP, SFTP and WebDAV servers, Dropbox service
• System and volumes information, showing processes list as a folder
• Checksum calculation
If you have any questions or suggestions, please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the forum at https://magnumbytes.com/forum/
- Now contains a universal binary for ARM64 and x86-64.
- Updated for macOS Big Sur.
- Panel items are now automatically deselected after a file operation.
- Added a new action “Follow Symlink”: Cmd+Right.
- Fixed defaults paths to system applications.
- Fixed support for large directories in Dropbox VFS.
- Now a Deletion operation can be stopped during a scanning phase.
- Now file time representations are updated when a system date changes.
- Preview request now automatically expands a collapsed panel.
- SFTP VFS now supports ED25519 keys.
- FTP VFS now supports Active Mode.
- Numerous other bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
You want to see hidden files, this is your app
With this app I solved the problem to see hidden files in my computer easily, no need to a terminal unix code, just install the app and that's it.
I installed Files Lite. Every single menu is in Russian. My system is in English---no reason I should get messages in Russian!
No online documentation whatsoever. I'd be willing to figure out on-the-go---except I cannot even read the menus!
I wanted to like this file manager. I would have paid $25 for the Pro version. I used to love Russian "Norton Commander" clones. I was hoping Files would take that experience into the XXIst century, but no luck.
Nice, simple, speedy
Just a good simple app. Quick, un-bloated file manager in the old style. Easy to navigate the hierarchy (to go back up, use “..”). Use it for a quick directly walk or to move files by dragging from one pane to the other.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Michael Kazakov
- 9.5 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Michael G. Kazakov
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Features $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.