Nimble Commander is a free dual-pane file manager designed specifically for Mac. Optimized for efficiency, Nimble Commander provides a blazing performance and momentary user interface feedback. Offering traditional powerful dual-panel manager concepts, Nimble Commander maintains minimalist and clean UI design at the same time.
• Classic tabbed dual-pane interface with different presentation modes: traditional UI and monospaced text-based variant
• Full keyboard access with the fastest way to handle file management tasks
• Nearly instantaneous launch, small memory footprint, and blazing-fast operation
• Configurable keyboard shortcuts
• Background operations processing
• Font and color customization
• Different file panel viewing modes: short, medium, full, and wide
• Instant files searching and filtering by typing
• File editing in editors of your choice, based on file extensions
• File search by name, size, or content
• QuickLook support
• Built-in file attributes editor and file viewer with textual/hexadecimal presentation
• Showing file search results as a file panel
• Lightweight search with Spotlight
• Browsing archives (zip, tar, bz2, gz, pax, cpio, lha, ar, cab, mtree, iso, warc, rar) like folders
• Archives building
• Extended attributes modification
• Powerful batch renaming
• External tools integration
• Ability to connect to remote FTP, SFTP and WebDAV servers, Dropbox service
• System and volumes information, showing processes list as a folder
• Checksum calculation
If you have any questions or suggestions, please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the forum at http://magnumbytes.com/forum/
- [Pro features] Internal Viewer got a new implementation which is more performant and stable.
- [Pro features] Compress operation now provides an option to protect a target archive with a password.
- Find Files sheet got an option to search for files which do not contain some text.
- New action “Copy Item Directory”: Shift+Alt+Cmd+C.
- QuickLook icons are now generated only for files with extensions conforming to a whitelist of UTIs. By default, this list includes "public.image", "public.movie" and "public.audio".
- Popup menus (F1/F2 and quick lists: Cmd+1..5) can now switch to other menus by hitting their hotkeys.
- Dragging items to the Trash now deletes them as expected.
- The in-place renaming editor now flickers less and is more responsive.
- [Pro features] Fixed an issue with incompatible SSH key types.
- Fixed an issue with an invalid placing of the Sharing popup.
- Lots of other bugfixes and internal improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
You want to see hidden files, this is your app
With this app I solved the problem to see hidden files in my computer easily, no need to a terminal unix code, just install the app and that's it.
Nice, simple, speedy
Just a good simple app. Quick, un-bloated file manager in the old style. Easy to navigate the hierarchy (to go back up, use “..”). Use it for a quick directly walk or to move files by dragging from one pane to the other.
Seems only half finished
There seems to be no clear way to go back down the directory structure you’ve just navigated, the screenshots above give the impression that this app works in a manner similar to Column View on the Finder, but it’s more list the List View.
It does seem pretty fast, but it’s kind of pointless without an easy way to navigate back and forth.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.