Nimble Commander is a free dual-pane file manager designed specifically for Mac. Optimized for efficiency, Nimble Commander provides a blazing performance and momentary user interface feedback. Offering traditional powerful dual-panel manager concepts, Nimble Commander maintains minimalist and clean UI design at the same time.
• Classic tabbed dual-pane interface with different presentation modes: traditional UI and monospaced text-based variant
• Full keyboard access with the fastest way to handle file management tasks
• Nearly instantaneous launch, small memory footprint, and blazing-fast operation
• Configurable keyboard shortcuts
• Background operations processing
• Font and color customization
• Different file panel viewing modes: short, medium, full, and wide
• Instant files searching and filtering by typing
• File editing in editors of your choice, based on file extensions
• File search by name, size, or content
• QuickLook support
• Built-in file attributes editor and file viewer with textual/hexadecimal presentation
• Showing file search results as a file panel
• Lightweight search with Spotlight
• Browsing archives (zip, tar, bz2, gz, pax, cpio, lha, ar, cab, mtree, iso, warc, rar) like folders
• Archives building
• Extended attributes modification
• Powerful batch renaming
• External tools integration
• Ability to connect to remote FTP, SFTP and WebDAV servers, Dropbox service
• System and volumes information, showing processes list as a folder
• Checksum calculation
If you have any questions or suggestions, please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the forum at https://magnumbytes.com/forum/
- List view now has the Extension and the Date Accessed columns.
- Items can now be sorted by Date Last Opened a.k.a. "atime".
- [Pro features] Built-in Viewer now does scrolling along a predominant axis only.
- [Pro features] Built-in Viewer can now update its content by Cmd+R or automatically on native filesystems.
- Brief System information now shows additional info in the CPU and the RAM boxes.
- Quick Search no longer handles the Space key by default.
- The Backspace key can now be assigned to any file panel shortcut.
- [Pro features] Batch Rename now supports the [P] and the [G] placeholders for parent and grandparent directory names.
- [Pro features] Batch Rename now supports text processing for the [A] placeholder.
- Now the toolbar tries to resolve full paths for short names of command-line tools to show their icons.
- Added an option to choose which file operations should be enqueued and which should always start immediately.
- A generic error dialog shown by file operations can now implicitly mark the "Apply to All" checkbox if Shift is pressed.
- Locked items can now be unlocked by file operations.
- [Pro features] Stability of the WebDAV VFS was improved.
- [Pro features] Dropbox VFS now uses short-lived access tokens.
- Fixed a crash when an External Tool asks for a parameter value.
- Fixed a crash when in-place renaming was used in combination with Quick Search.
- Fixed an issue that Quick Search prompt was not updated when a panel was reloaded.
- Fixed an issue that in-place renaming could remove focus from a current panel.
- Fixed an issue with saving the configuration when the Users folder was placed on a non-root volume.
- Fixed an issue of silent failing to drag an item into an NC window when lacking permissions.
- Fixed a visual glitch with vertical separators when Classic theme was used.
- Fixed a visual glitch of blurred panels after switching between Retina and Non-Retina displays.
- [Pro features] Fixed a freeze in the Batch Rename dialog when renaming a large number of items.
- Many other improvements and optimizations.
Ratings and Reviews
Super fast and flexible
This has been my go-to file manager for over a year. Powerful and fast.
Classic interface. Easy, lean and very fast compared to some of the competing utilities
You want to see hidden files, this is your app
With this app I solved the problem to see hidden files in my computer easily, no need to a terminal unix code, just install the app and that's it.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Michael Kazakov
- 9.7 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Michael G. Kazakov
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Features $29.99