Nimble Commander Pro is a dual-pane file manager with classic design. You may ask, “why should I use it?” Because NC provides the familiar Mac swiftness and is specially designed for power users, including software developers, system administrators, and other IT professionals. Take a look at what the new version of NC offers to you:
• Nearly instantaneous launch, small memory footprint, and blazing-fast operation.
• Ability to connect to remote FTP, SFTP and WebDAV servers, Dropbox service, including remote files editing.
• Powerful batch renaming.
• Support for external tools.
• Browsing archives (zip, tar, bz2, gz, pax, cpio, lha, ar, cab, mtree, iso, warc, jar, 7z, rar) like folders.
• Classic tabbed dual-pane interface with different presentation modes: the traditional UI and the monospaced, text-based UI.
• Configurable keyboard shortcuts.
• Background operations processing.
• Font and color customization.
• Different file panel viewing modes: short, medium, full, and wide.
• Instant files searching and filtering as you type.
• File editing in editors of your choice, based on file extensions.
• Built-in file attributes editor and file viewer with textual/hexadecimal presentation.
• File search by name, size, or content, showing results as a file panel.
• Archives creation.
• Extended attributes modification.
• Lightweight search with Spotlight.
• QuickLook support.
• System and volumes information, showing the processes list as a folder.
• Checksum calculation.
• Full keyboard access with the fastest way to handle file management tasks.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the forum at https://magnumbytes.com/forum/
- List view now has the Extension and the Date Accessed columns.
- Items can now be sorted by Date Last Opened a.k.a. "atime".
- Built-in Viewer now does scrolling along a predominant axis only.
- Built-in Viewer can now update its content by Cmd+R or automatically on native filesystems.
- Brief System information now shows additional info in the CPU and the RAM boxes.
- Quick Search no longer handles the Space key by default.
- The Backspace key can now be assigned to any file panel shortcut.
- Batch Rename now supports the [P] and the [G] placeholders for parent and grandparent directory names.
- Batch Rename now supports text processing for the [A] placeholder.
- Now the toolbar tries to resolve full paths for short names of command-line tools to show their icons.
- Added an option to choose which file operations should be enqueued and which should always start immediately.
- A generic error dialog shown by file operations can now implicitly mark the "Apply to All" checkbox if Shift is pressed.
- Locked items can now be unlocked by file operations.
- Stability of the WebDAV VFS was improved.
- Dropbox VFS now uses short-lived access tokens.
- Fixed a crash when an External Tool asks for a parameter value.
- Fixed a crash when in-place renaming was used in combination with Quick Search.
- Fixed an issue that Quick Search prompt was not updated when a panel was reloaded.
- Fixed an issue that in-place renaming could remove focus from a current panel.
- Fixed an issue with saving the configuration when the Users folder was placed on a non-root volume.
- Fixed an issue of silent failing to drag an item into an NC window when lacking permissions.
- Fixed a visual glitch with vertical separators when Classic theme was used.
- Fixed a visual glitch of blurred panels after switching between Retina and Non-Retina displays.
- Fixed a freeze in the Batch Rename dialog when renaming a large number of items.
- Many other improvements and optimizations.
Ratings and Reviews
For old school professionals
I use Nible Commander every day
Remember Norton Commander?
Best current implementation of the classic Norton and Volkov Commander.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Michael Kazakov
- 9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Michael G. Kazakov
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.