Nimble Commander Pro is a dual-pane file manager with classic design. You may ask, “why should I use it?” Because NC provides the familiar Mac swiftness and is specially designed for power users, including software developers, system administrators, and other IT professionals. Take a look at what the new version of NC offers to you:
• Nearly instantaneous launch, small memory footprint, and blazing-fast operation.
• Ability to connect to remote FTP, SFTP and WebDAV servers, Dropbox service, including remote files editing.
• Powerful batch renaming.
• Support for external tools.
• Browsing archives (zip, tar, bz2, gz, pax, cpio, lha, ar, cab, mtree, iso, warc, jar, 7z, rar) like folders.
• Classic tabbed dual-pane interface with different presentation modes: the traditional UI and the monospaced, text-based UI.
• Configurable keyboard shortcuts.
• Background operations processing.
• Font and color customization.
• Different file panel viewing modes: short, medium, full, and wide.
• Instant files searching and filtering as you type.
• File editing in editors of your choice, based on file extensions.
• Built-in file attributes editor and file viewer with textual/hexadecimal presentation.
• File search by name, size, or content, showing results as a file panel.
• Archives creation.
• Extended attributes modification.
• Lightweight search with Spotlight.
• QuickLook support.
• System and volumes information, showing the processes list as a folder.
• Checksum calculation.
• Full keyboard access with the fastest way to handle file management tasks.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the forum at http://magnumbytes.com/forum/
- Internal Viewer got a new implementation which is more performant and stable.
- Compress operation now provides an option to protect a target archive with a password.
- Find Files sheet got an option to search for files which do not contain some text.
- New action “Copy Item Directory”: Shift+Alt+Cmd+C.
- QuickLook icons are now generated only for files with extensions conforming to a whitelist of UTIs. By default, this list includes "public.image", "public.movie" and "public.audio".
- Popup menus (F1/F2 and quick lists: Cmd+1..5) can now switch to other menus by hitting their hotkeys.
- Dragging items to the Trash now deletes them as expected.
- The in-place renaming editor now flickers less and is more responsive.
- Fixed an issue with incompatible SSH key types.
- Fixed an issue with an invalid placing of the Sharing popup.
- Lots of other bugfixes and internal improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
For old school professionals
I use Nible Commander every day
The Mac File Mananger for Coders
Those missing Total Commander from Windows: you have found your answer. Fast, keyboard-centric, preview-in-opposite-panel, customizable editors, customizable previewers, responsive develoer, etc… I’ve tried every dual-pane file manager on Mac I could find. With Nimble Commander Pro, I finally quit cursing my file managers and let out a deep, contented sigh.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.